Glass for tank builder

aeroaustin

Howdy G'day

I feel great to be back on line :rolleyes: since few weeks. busy with step-son "whole month" Now I have to catch up with my baby SW. The Tank looks need big job to clean and get battle with Cyano and Hair Aglae.

Right now I ask something about Glass. I am thinking to have a small narrow height size for my bedroom next to my desk. I think about the size is 34 L X 18 W X 12 H, That size can fit the table. There will be inside overflow box.

I think about rimless, the thick of glass should be approix about 3/8 will be strong enough for without brace? the light will be T-5 from previous tank, I getting upgrade to IC SLR and IC 660 ballast.

Which the store is recommend to buy the glass sheet, I would like to have Starphire but not for our bedroom, standard glass is good.

I will set up blog for my tank..

You could go Acrylic, but I really want to know the answer to this question.

double post.. tsk tsk tsk...

Arcylic for small tank and the price is higher.. also I don't have table saw, I live in dulex doesn't have garage. that is sad :rolleyes:

Glass should be good.. I haven't find the local glas ship, mostly auto shop. I figure it out.. I have gone to yellow page to find,

Alamo glass on Lamar at Airport. They are nice and cheap.What double post? LOL You can use my table saw if you want

recently call Alamo and give me some rude attitude, so I will stop by this friday and check for quote. She say not avialable for starphire glass. only standard glass.

I haven't check the arcylic sheet yet. I wll check it out on Regal plastic too.

You removed the second post, you're a mods

opinion about acrylic, what is thich is better? 1/4? or 3/8? I never had experience with acrylic sheet. I has glass tank.

Acrylic is stronger than glass if go with 1/4 for acrylic?

Edited by aeroaustin

GKarshens,

I check the yellow page and its funny that Binswanger has two locals, one is near my place at South Lamar and Burnet. so I will check it out tomorrow at South Lamar and if not then stop by at Burnet.

Other option about Acrylic, should be ok if go with 1/4 or 3/8? for this size?