wayneb's Blog

wayneb

Wayne,

How many gph are planning to run through your plumping? I don't have a problem with using 1 1/2" plumping if you have the room for it but I'm inclined to think unless your moving alot of water 1" would work just fine and cheaper especially if you're going to use true union valves.

Wayne,

Regarding the plumping size, I like using larger plumping if feasable but unless you're running a high gph I'd be inclined to think 1" would work fine and cheaper especially if you're using true union valves. I'd use wood hole saws for cutting acrylic or rubbermade containers. If you're joining to acrylic tanks together and they sit next to each other and are close to the same height what I have done is drill 3" or 4" holes lined up with each other then drill holes for 1/4 20 nylon bolts, silicone the two faces real good and bolt the two together. This will save space and give ample flow between the two.

Wayne,

Regarding the plumping size, I like using larger plumping if feasable but unless you're running a high gph I'd be inclined to think 1" would work fine and cheaper especially if you're using true union valves. I'd use wood hole saws for cutting acrylic or rubbermade containers. If you're joining to acrylic tanks together and they sit next to each other and are close to the same height what I have done is drill 3" or 4" holes lined up with each other then drill holes for 1/4 20 nylon bolts, silicone the two faces real good and bolt the two together. This will save space and give ample flow between the two.

Wayne,

Wayne,