Zarathustra2's Blog

Zarathustra2

Wow. Thanks to everyone who has been helping with the biodiversity project. Just the numbers of species of copepods I have been seeing are fantastic. I've also never seen yellow, yes, bright yellow coraline algae. There has also been the addition of a stomatapod population (fingernail snails) that is decimating the algae in the tank. The reefcleaners order I am sure is helping.

I think I will finally have the time to go ahead and put the algae scrubber together this weekend. Life has just been crazy lately not leaving too much time for the tank. Also still waiting on the addition of the final sump so I can plumb it all inline in it's final form. I do have the algae scrubber cut and ready to go, just need to plumb it.

I found a great light for it. A 300 watt equivalent power compact that fits into a standard light connector. This is the biggest lightbulb you have ever seen. It's just fantastic. Almost no heat. 2700K frequency. This may just be the new fuge light of choice. You can pick them up at home depot for about 11$.

• 2 weeks later...