Would LOVE FREE saltwater fish, plants and LIVE ROCK!

AquaHarley

I agree, everything is always great at the beginning because everything is shiny and new. Wait until things start building up and you'll get your real cycle. Once that happens, everything donated will take a good hit and may die, not to mention it's just borderline cruel for your fish that are currently in there, as it is reported that ammonia build-up during a cycle burns the gills of fishes. I'd hold off on adding things until a couple of months, slow and steady with saltwater tanks. We all have learned this lesson in some way already I'm sure.

-Ty

Once you get your tank cycled, let me know and I'd be happy to let you have a gold stripe maroon clown or even a pair if you want to take them. These are very agressive fish that I have had for over a year. As a matter of fact, I can't keep my hand in the tank too long, because the smaller of the two comes after me immediately! I am looking to get rid of these and I'd be happy to pass them along to you. Mind you, they are not too bad to any of my fish, but they just won't have anything to do with me and any type of aqua scaping I may try to do.

They are nice looking fish and it may be a little challenge to try and catch them, but I should be able to.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know.

I'm ready for some ocellaris clowns again and they wouldn't stand a chance with these fish in my tank.

Michael McDermott

+1 that you need to wait. This is a brand new setup. As everyone is telling you saltwater tanks take time and require a lot of patience in order to be successful.

Also, did I read correctly that you have no "pump" in the tank? In other words you have no flow at all? If this is the case this needs to be remedied way before you even think about adding anything else. Flow is extremely important for multiple different reasons in a SW tank.

I just got to add to the idea of not putting more in your tank right now. Unless you've used something like Dr. Tim's bacteria from the latest video on mrsaltwatertank.com (not trying to plug), I think you are in for a heck of a surprise. Two weeks, brand new tank, just added another big rock today. Just be careful. This hobby is all about patience. If you haven't seen a cycle yet I'm thinking you will at least see a small one and you are going to hurt/kill some livestock.

Sit back and watch your tank for a while. Also get to know someone who has a set up tank as you may have to quickly move something there if your tank starts its cycle. my $.02

Wow, well my post is pretty popular for people getting on here giving me all kinds of "free" advice, lol. Look guys I haven't added anything new and have done my homework. I do not need a pump either unless I go coral crazy or get lots of stuff. I have a heater and a filter. I am getting a pump however this week. After spending $500.00 on my tank in a matter of a week I needed to wait until I got anything else. Anyway, I would like to say thank to those of you who are willing to help me place things in my tank and are willing to wait until I get a bit more of a cycle, thank you to those individuals.

Thank you very much. I would love the pair it would be great.

Once you get your tank cycled, let me know and I'd be happy to let you have a gold stripe maroon clown or even a pair if you want to take them. These are very agressive fish that I have had for over a year. As a matter of fact, I can't keep my hand in the tank too long, because the smaller of the two comes after me immediately! I am looking to get rid of these and I'd be happy to pass them along to you. Mind you, they are not too bad to any of my fish, but they just won't have anything to do with me and any type of aqua scaping I may try to do.

They are nice looking fish and it may be a little challenge to try and catch them, but I should be able to.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know.

I'm ready for some ocellaris clowns again and they wouldn't stand a chance with these fish in my tank.

Michael McDermott

I have been testing my levels since i got it. all my levels are normal, the only thing i havent tested is calcium but everything else is good

Again, are you testing ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? Better yet, what are you testing for and what are your current levels?

Just because you have good temp doesn't mean anything in the cycle. If 'cycle' is a foreign concept, you need to stop and read more. I'm not saying this with any sense of 'you're a newbie and I know it all because I'm a mod' or anything like that. I'm trying to help save you money and heartache due to livestock deaths.

Patience is the hardest part with SW.