Clam dying

Elizzy

I think my clam is dying :) I noticed what looked like a sea slug on the side of it's shell - are there burrowing sea slugs? It was black with what appeared to be two antenna - if I tried to get near it with tweezers, it would retract. At first I thought it might be part of the clam because it would expel long, stringy, clear stuff - could it be part of the clam? (I doubt it, but figured I'd ask)

I tried moving the clam up to a rock, it was descending it's foot at that point, but my **** cleaner shrimp started to go to town on it. Right now I've got it floating in a plastic container in the tank.

Nitrates 5.0

PH 8.3

Calcium 500

Amm 0

Nitrite 0

Advice?

Yes, I did stop by the store for some more wine...

:(

Nope, there wasn't any reaction. All of the mantle was withdrawn. It may have already been dead yesterday. Put it in a corner of the tank overnight - it was definitely dead this morning.

Did a lot of research yesterday, didn't find any pyramid snails and really wasn't sure what that black thing was...was hoping someone heard of a slug or something that burrows into the shell.