Stocking suggestions/order

RobR

So my tank has been up over 3 months now and is doing well. So far I have 2 small ocellaris clowns, and a CUC of 4 scarlet hermits, 2 regular hermits, 2 turbo snails, 2 nassarius snails, and 6 ceriths. Water params are stable at 8.2 ph, 8.3 dkh, 0 amm, 0 nitrites, 10 nitrates, Ca 460, Mg 1350, and SG of 1.025. It is time to start adding some more fish, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what are good fish for a 55, and a good order to add them?

Here is what I would like to get eventually:

mystery wrasse

flame angel (last fish to be added)

pink spotted goby (or similar)

a blenny?

Maybe another wrasse?

Chromis?

Eventually when I get lighting:

SPS and LPS

RBTA

Thanks for any suggestions.

I think you need more CUC. More snails and crabs. If you get another wrasse after the mystery wrasse try a Blue face(or Side) fairy or exquisite wrasse.

Yeah more CUC is on the way for sure. The blue head and exquisite both look like good choices, thanks for the suggestions.

Mckoskers wrasse was cool, small than the fairys though

Looks like another good choice as well, thanks.

With the fish you're adding I wouldn't worry about putting the Flame Angel in last. I've always liked Flame Hawks, they are very engaging the way they sit and watch you. I would advise against the chromis.

With the fish you're adding I wouldn't worry about putting the Flame Angel in last. I've always liked Flame Hawks, they are very engaging the way they sit and watch you. I would advise against the chromis.

Interesting, is that because the fish on the list are somewhat aggressive? Flame hawks are definitely cool, from what I have read they can be pretty aggressive? Will look at them as well though, thanks for the suggestions!

Hoven's Wrasse is a favorite of mine. Cool look as an adult.

Secretive Wrasse-I picked one up from River City and really like how it cruises the reef and it doesn't appear to be as aggressive as a six line.

Leopard Wrasses are WAY cool in my opinion.

Gobies---the more the merrier! I have a pink spot that is 8+ years old. Love that old guy!

Aptasia Eating Filefish-don't eat a lot of aptiasia, but are very docile and interesting in their behavior.

Love our bicolor Blenny. He can be rowdy, but he is entertaining nonetheless.

Barlett's Anthias-I've had one for about four months now and really like how it stays out in the current. Give it some consideration. The Bartlett's do well in captivity. I feed one time per day. It is fat and happy.

Hoven's Wrasse is a favorite of mine. Cool look as an adult.

Secretive Wrasse-I picked one up from River City and really like how it cruises the reef and it doesn't appear to be as aggressive as a six line.

Leopard Wrasses are WAY cool in my opinion.

Gobies---the more the merrier! I have a pink spot that is 8+ years old. Love that old guy!

Aptasia Eating Filefish-don't eat a lot of aptiasia, but are very docile and interesting in their behavior.

Love our bicolor Blenny. He can be rowdy, but he is entertaining nonetheless.

Barlett's Anthias-I've had one for about four months now and really like how it stays out in the current. Give it some consideration. The Bartlett's do well in captivity. I feed one time per day. It is fat and happy.

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely stay away from the sixlines. That is awesome that your pink spot is 8 years!!!! I really want one they are cool looking fish. The bartlett's anthias are a great suggestion as well, wow very cool looking fish! You have definitely given me some good ideas, thanks!!

Your welcome. I kinda feel like adding fish to a reef tank is like buying lotto tickets or playing bingo...not all cards/tickets are winners. You just have to take your chance.

Hoven's Wrasses are also called Melanrus Wrasses. You have to get an adult to get the cool coloration. Vivid sold me a rockin' cool looking Hoven's whereas Saltwaterfish.com sold me a juvenile and it was just a dumb old silver fish.

Your welcome. I kinda feel like adding fish to a reef tank is like buying lotto tickets or playing bingo...not all cards/tickets are winners. You just have to take your chance.

Hoven's Wrasses are also called Melanrus Wrasses. You have to get an adult to get the cool coloration. Vivid sold me a rockin' cool looking Hoven's whereas Saltwaterfish.com sold me a juvenile and it was just a dumb old silver fish.

Yeah, that sounds like it especially true when you order fish online (not an experience I have had the pleasure of yet) :) Did the dumb silver fish at least color up when it got older?

I kept it for about six months and it was starting to make its change into adult plumage so to speak before it found its way to my sump and then on into my return pump. It was a quick end for him at least!

:) ah the horror stories about wrasses and their escapades. I was talking to Jake at RCA yesterday and he told me about a mystery wrasse they had in their biocube at the register. They came in one morning and he was lying on the floor....