10 gallon start up

Christian

I have a 10 gallon tank with nothing in it, I had a shrimp in the tank and recently moved it in to my 29 gallon tank, so now the tank is empty and I was wondering would a Toby beable to live in the tank along with a Dwarf lion fish,but I'm not sure what other fish are able to be in the tank that size and with thoes two fish.

I have a hang on the back. Penguin filter that made to clean a 50-75 gallon tank. And I also have hang on the wall curclating pump, so theirs a lot of flow. And the lighting is a 48" t5ho becaus I had it on my 55 gallon show tank.

I don't doubt you can do it but should you do it? You're setting up an aggressive predator tank in a VERY small space which means LOTS of water changes even with a lot of flow (and neither are good swimmers so too much flow might be a problem). The Fu Manchu lion and a few of the Tobys stay under 4" adult size and while they're not designed for constant swimming like a 4" Anthias a 20" long tank is still pretty cramped for either one as an adult let alone both as juveniles. Another potential problem is a Toby if it decides too it can kill the lion, with it's sharp beak like mouth it can get around the spines of the lion.

Edited by Timfish