Plug For Jake

mikemcd

Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jake @ RCA is a really fair and decent store owner. I know he probably operates on a slim profit margin, but he took time to listen to my story of woe and was very generous in working with me. Long story short, I purchase a Naso Tang from RCA last week. Brought the fish home and acclimated him for about an hour and then released him into my tank. He appeared a little stressed as he swam around and I was worried for him and woe is me next day I came home from work to find him dead at the bottom of my tank. This was after my wife said that he looked okay earlier that afternoon; so basically the fish died in around 24 hours. Well, I realize there is no guarantee on Salt Water fish, but I explained my tale to Jake and he worked with me by giving me a "deep discount" on another beautiful Naso Tang @ tonight's sale. (FYI, I do test water parameters and though I run some nitrates, absolutely 0 on the ammonia and good PH with lots of live rock and other fish flourishing in the tank for a few years now)

All I can say is that I've regularly visited RCA and Jake for the past couple of years since he bought out Carlos and he has always been very fair in dealing with me and I always look forward to the trips to his store. His knowledge of the hobby and his willingness to work with customers is commendable. Let's keep this great sponsor in business out here in the NW part of Austin!

Thanks again Jake!

Michael McDermott

True point! Love that they're not afraid to suggest I wait on something if they're concerned about the health/color. Obviously not just in it for the money. Everyone there is very concerned about customer satisfaction and the health of the livestock. Honesty is so hard to find in businesses like that, so it's nice to know I can trust them.