yellow stain on silicone possiblity of sign mildew reaction?

Today this morning, routine maintanice the tank, and spot there are seveal yellow color stain on the siclione in the sump (baffles). That is sign of mildew from additive of antimildew?

I used the tube of 100 percent silicone rubber sealant. GE Silicone I (Clear) Window and Door. THere are no mildew additivie.

I use this tube at previous 10 gal sump then 20 gal sump and right now 30 gal sump, I noticed that first and second sump has no yellow stain. 30 gal sump as been since last month ago.

Yellow, I don't know. Some of your silicon grows algae(green, brown, red, purple). I am watching this thread to see if anyone has an answer.

If you are super worried about it, you could take the sump off line and redo it. I know that is a huge pain. I have a Rubbermaid container you could use until the silicon tried. It wouldn't be super pretty, but it does hold water.

Yellow, I don't know. Some of your silicon grows algae(green, brown, red, purple). I am watching this thread to see if anyone has an answer.

If you are super worried about it, you could take the sump off line and redo it. I know that is a huge pain. I have a Rubbermaid container you could use until the silicon tried. It wouldn't be super pretty, but it does hold water.

I did check the silicone, there are no grow aglae on silicone, and wait and see any one will answer the question. I know that will be pain in butt that stand is 18 width substrate from wood stud to 14 inches. I can't find any rubbermaid that size narrow to 14 or under.

I just found the same yellowing in our 110. It is on the over flow. I am definately not taking the tank down. I will let you know how it goes. I am %100 sure I used the right silicon. It has not turned yellow in the sump. I can't explain that. The only difference is there is no direct light on the sump.

I just found the same yellowing in our 110. It is on the over flow. I am definately not taking the tank down. I will let you know how it goes. I am %100 sure I used the right silicon. It has not turned yellow in the sump. I can't explain that. The only difference is there is no direct light on the sump.

sorry not being respond back, we have celebrate for our anniversary, today is offical one year marriage. :D LOL...

Interesting, what kinds of silicone do you use, I use GE silicione 1 100 percent rubber sealant, RIght now I am not sure.. I think of chemical reaction by buffer, calicum? I poured chemcial buffer, calicum in the drain area, that where yellow stain on the siclicone than Refuge area.

I will order aquarium sealant in cases.

I still keep eyes on paired Ocellaris.