Submersible LED

etannert

Anyone know where I can find one? I keep reading people on various boards that use them to grow chaeto in their all-in-one fuges, but no one will say where to get them. I just can't stomach paying $50+ for the JBJ version.

Thanks!

Most I've heard mentioned come from ebay. Cheap low power strips that are flexible... not sure how well they really work, but they could certainly grow chaeto (doesn't take much), but it would probably be a more effective nutrient sponge with more light.

I tried some of those for a nano fuge and they were worthless. I think they were like 4 LEDs in each tube, and I had 2 tubes in there. Those submersible halogen lights from inTank work awesome. Or you can find them on eBay every once in a while too.

Lewk - yes, I have the submersible halogens from inTank in my BC14 - got it from someone on MAAST. I haven't been able to find them on inTank in awhile. Luckily some internet sleuthing turned it up on mainlandmart.com - a double string (2 bulbs, 5w each) for $21.95 including shipping. I definitely got the type of lighting (halogen vs. LED) I needed wrong though. The halogens work awesome in my BC and I can't wait to get the new one in the mail for my new NC24!