180 build in copperas cove

RotaryGeek

Ok so im picking up the tank tomorrow morning and bringing it to my house. I started the night by draining my tank and sump down as low as i could get it and sliding it across the living room into the kitchen so that the 180 could go into that spot. I didn't get any pictures of that, but it went pretty good. Took a little less than an hour from start to finish. Right now the tank is sitting in the kitchen waiting to be broke down for good.

Here it is in its temp home.

180tank002.jpg

And here is where it was at, and the new home of the 180 as of tomorrow.

180tank001.jpg

And a little equipment teaser

180tank003.jpg

ASM G3 with Sedra 9000 and a gate valve mod. Also in that tote are 2 Tunze 6100's and a Koralia 4 soaking in a vinegar bath.

Sorry, i just quoted straight from MyScct.com.

Ok got some work done. Im kinda at a stand still till i can get a router to make this sump fit, and then get some help over here to lift this tank onto the stand. But here are some pictures. Oh does anybody have a router i could use today?

Here it is in the back of Robs truck.

180tank001.jpg

Looks pretty dirty.....

180tank002.jpg

Some rock im cooking in the some. This is like a third of the rock i guess.

180tank003.jpg

Rob and Kieth helped out a bunch, thanks guys.

180tank004.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok tank is on the stand, and in its position. Still need to get the plumbing done and waiting on my RO/DI unit and ReefKeeper Lite to show up, then its time to get this thing going.

180tank006.jpg

Sump not wanting to fit. Ended up having to take a router to the back of the stand and take out some wood for it to fit. Got the baffles all glued in and the return pump and skimmer in place.

180tank007.jpg

55 gallon drum to store RO water in.

180tank008.jpg

75 gallon tank and a 30ish gallon sump. Tank is pretty much sold already to my sisters boyfriend, but the sump is up for sale. PM me if you are interested and i can send you some more info on it.

180tank009.jpg

Just another pic of the sump.

180tank010.jpg

And the light. Its an Outer Orbit 3x150w Metal Halide 4x65w PC fixture. I like it.

More to come in a couple of minutes. Gotta snap some pictures of the tank on the stand and the lights on.

Snapped some pictures for you guys.

Here it is all filled up and running for a freshwater test. Still pretty dirty, need to get a bigger mag float to clean it with. I have it pulled away from the wall so i can get behind it and look for drips and things.

180tank001.jpg

Here is the back, and all the plumbing. I know its kind of wierd looking, but it gets the job done.

180tank002.jpg

And here is a shot of the sump from behind the tank. I have my return pump in the middle, the Skimmer on the right (When you are looking at it from the front, its on the left in this pic) and ill have a fuge on the left. You can see that there is not much clearance for the skimmer cup. So im going to run the skimmer drain line to the back right of the tank and keep a half gallon milk jug over there so i can reach it. Hopefully the skimmer won't need cleaned for a year, cuz thats the next time ill be breaking this down again.

180tank003.jpg

Ok well i have rock put in it, and salinity is on point. But i checked my perameters and i have ammonia. I was really hoping it wouldn't cycle since i have my tank kinda offline almost with no sump and the skimmer hanging off the side. But ill have to deal with it. My reefkeeper lite should be here tonight too.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8508/photogxl.jpg[/img]]photogxl.jpg

This pic is a couple of days old now. I added the rest of the rock that was cooking out in the sun, so its packed full of rock now. My refugium section has turned into a completely packed rubble rock zone, which i kinda like. Ill have to get an updated picture. I figured that if its going to cycle, then it might as well cycle with all the dry rock instead of cycling now then slowly adding more rock later on.

Well I managed to gimp my laptop onto the internet, so Ill post some pictures for you guys. I got all the rock except whats in the 46 in the tank and pretty much to my liking.

180tank0024.jpg

I don't like the fan, but it keeps my temp at 79 degrees, which i really like. I think thats alot of the reason why i couldn't keep SPS too well with my other tank. That and becuase its such a small tank that the salinity swing was pretty good when i only topped off with freshwater once or twice a week.

180tank0042.jpg

Thats my Refuge section. When i said it was full, i meant it lol. And thats the ReefKeeper lite temp probe. I put it pretty close to the drain so that i could get as accurate a reading as possible.

180tank0034.jpg

Pretty full huh?

180tank0052.jpg

Left side. I like the cave, but with so much more rock to add, i don't know if it will make it to the final aquascaping.

180tank0062.jpg

Center. Lots of ledges to put corals and places for fish to swim in and out of. Oh yeah, and my tang is getting braver and braver. Today he swam out while i was in the kitchen. I got to see him for a whole 10-15 seconds lol.

180tank0072.jpg

Right side. Kinda boring, probably have to spice up this side some with the rock from my 46.

I drained the sump already and removed all the LRR and cleaned then resiliconed it in place. Today at 2 is 48 hours after I did it so I'll put it all back in and fill it back up. Sucks that it has to be done on valentines day, but I go back to work tomorrow and I won't have the time to do it later.