Ideas for 2 more fish?

KarenM

I have a 40gal tank that's been set up for about a month (cycled with Bio-Spira). I've got 40lbs of LR,most of my clean-up crew, a scooter blenny and a 6 line wrasse. I can't get my corals until I upgrade my lights. I'd like to add 2 more small fish. I'd like them to be very unusual looking and brightly colored (possibly red or blue). Since I already have the wrasse, I'd like to get something with a different shape, not the usual "tetra" shape. Any ideas? I've thought about trying for a mated pair of clowns, but was hoping I could find something less common.

have you thought about going for predatory fish? i think lionfish are some of the most beautiful marine animals there are. you can get a dwarf species and that would do well in your 40g. also, they are reef safe. possibly, fu manchu lionfish ( also known as Twin Spot or Two Spot lionfish). or a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, or a Dwarf Zebra Lionfish. if you do get lionfish, you are limited to what kind of clean up crew you can have and fish as well. If it looks like it will fit in its mouth, it will try. so cleaner shrimp, ornamental shrimp, and smaller fish usually won't last long in a tank with a lion fish.

** oh, but keep in mind, they are venomous/poisonous. if you get stuck by a spine, then it would be equal to a severe bee/wasp sting. if you do happen to get stung, you should run warm water over the wound to help break down the proteins in the poison so that it dissapates faster. **

Edited by iflytoohigh

Fu Manchu Lion Fish

( dwarf species )

5.jpg

The Fu-Mancho is pretty neat looking. What does he eat? I don't really want a fish trying to eat my other fish. :D)

The Fu-Mancho is pretty neat looking. What does he eat? I don't really want a fish trying to eat my other fish. :devil:)

Plus I have live shrimp in there already. And will be getting corals as soon as I can upgrade my lighting.

The Fu-Mancho is pretty neat looking. What does he eat? I don't really want a fish trying to eat my other fish. :D)

Plus I have live shrimp in there already. And will be getting corals as soon as I can upgrade my lighting.

Lionfish eat whatever they can fit in their mouths. Some of the dwarfs prefer crustaceans (so bye bye shrimp) but won't turn down a fish if they happen to be hungry.