Juvenile Blueface Angel

Crab Rangoon

I bought this guy back in June/July and he's been a good fish - unless you're trying to keep him with OTHER Angelfish (this may seem like a 'no brainer' - but this is the sole specimen that wasn't in perfect harmony amongst all my Angels). I take 1.5 - 2 months to introduce any Angelfish to my display, and the same care was given to this fish. He was quite brutal to 1) a juvi Imperator Angel & 2) a juvi Blueline Angel. All other Angelfish he was tolerant of, but would certainly chase off from his personal tiny cave. I removed him from my display for fear that he'd damage my pair of Bellus Angels upon their introduction, and they mean a lot more to me than this guy. I purchased him at about 2.25-2.5" and in 100% juvi colors - he is now about 3" and has his gold coming in quite nicely.

You:

- have a 90-120g tank, minimum (I don't care if you plan to upgrade, if you've got a 75 or smaller, you're not getting my fish)

- don't currently keep other Angelfish, or have plans to

- are a huge fan of the beautiful pattern these fish get in the face

- have a FOWLR tank, or only keep LPS/SPS

- don't want to spend $90-120 on this guy at a shop, and don't want to quarantine him either

- enjoy feeding your fish twice a day

He:

- has been in my care for over 6 months

- lived in my display tank for 4-5 months

- eats like an absolute pig

- has been 100% SPS & LPS friendly in my experience

- has been 90% soft coral friendly - he may or may not eat zoa/paly specimens - this was the ONLY coral type in my tank that would not open & thrive, but any number of other Angels could have been to blame

- does not get along with Angelfish

- is 100% disease free

- ate 3-5x a day in my display - currently 1-2x a day in my fuge

- has his black body color just starting to fade, beginning to reveal his golden scales :)

- has quite a start on his gold mask & has gold in his fins

- proves EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to photograph in my refugium ;)

In case you're unfamiliar with exactly how they look as juveniles, here is a pic from LA's Diver's Den

lg-0125111-160.jpg

I'd like $65 for him, PM for more info - I'm free much of the day Sunday for somebody to see him or pick him up.

To further clarify (since it's been of concern for a couple people now) the two fish he quarreled relentlessly with were .5-1" smaller than him AND of very similar colors, as seen here (again, not my photos):

DSC_6906.jpg

4jang01a_d.jpg

But in the event you're introducing HIM to a tank with pre-existing Angels, rather than introducing Angels into "his" tank, I think you should be relatively safe. He never once squabbled with all of the following: ANY Butterflyfish, ANY Centropyge, Rock Beauty Angel, Flagfin Angel, Magnificent Angel, Goldflake Angel, all of my Cardinals / Basslets / non-Angels. I would simply avoid trying to combine him with any similar fish (same goes for all Angels & Butterflies, they tend to have the most hate for similar colors/patterns) such as Imperator, Koran, French, and Queen Angelfish.

Hope that helps the few of you who've already contacted me - I'd hate for somebody to skip him worrying that he may attack their Flame or Lemonpeel Angel when I don't believe that to be the case, and at the same time I certainly don't want any harm to come to anyone's fish.

Crabman I really want it if you think it will be worth trying with my 3 angels. They are all 3.5" and smaller, bi color angel, female bellus angel, and a swallowtail angel. What do you think? My bellus picks at my swallow tail and the bi color is still in QT.