Griessingeri goby lives!

migs

Despite the cryptic nature of the fish, I just had to buy one... They are amazing! However, I never understood how cryptic this little fish was... I saw my first one 2 weeks after a bought him then never again. Well I went and bought another one... Never to see him again... Then 2 months later I saw one! Moving in the rock... Growing and healthy! What an incredible sight and what an interesting fish. If I can only see them more often. Maybe I will get lucky again and have a sighting in March!

I had a similar experience with my Swales Basslets - I saw them the night they went into the tank, and then never again for about 3-4 weeks. At that time, I'd see them every now and then with the actinics only, and after about 6 weeks I could see them most of the time.

I picked up a strange pair of Cebu Flame Cardinals at the Dome a week ago, and could only spot them the first 2 or 3 nights, so lets hope I see them again in a couple weeks when they mellow out and feel comfy.