My 75g reef in progress

cMidd

Hey everyone. So the 75g is running and doing great. Currently having trouble aquascaping. Any advice would be great.

Here's a pic of the full tank, just redid some stuff today.

IMG_0549.jpg

Any advice or opinions welcomed! Tank is stocked with onyx perc, sailfin tang, flame angel and mandarin goby. All are thriving. 2 MIA fish are sleeper goby and a scooter blenny.

I like the caves.

I'd suggest not having it touch any glass, but it may be too late to change.

Got a girlfriend/wife/sister? Have her scape it. I've never seen one by a female that hasn't been outstanding.

Aquatek has some really nicely coralline encrusted rock in all sizes. It's expensive though. RCA still has some of their last shipment in stock, it's pretty nice too but not encrusted.

Robb:: I have seen RCA's, and none of it is cure. Aquateks is pretty pricey, buy when I have the cash I may have to buckle down and just do it.

Derek:: I agree. It isn't to late to change..just have to be very gentle because mandarin and if they are still alive the scooter and sleeper all love being in caves, under rocks. I have a ton of water flow through the tank, but if I point to much in or at the rocks I am scared my BTA's will jump off their happy spot :snack:

I agree completely. With the way it is set up now, there are spots where the rock touches, but the rock I got wa porous and curved enough(sounds weird) that there is actually a "channel" at the back if you will where my sailfin will dart and my angel practically "lives" when he is playing hide and seek with my tang.

Ps read your 75g thread, cool stuff! Wish you well what is the livestock your looking at?

Cool on your rocks.

Only you can answer your coral/fish question for sure, but I'd add a wrasse of some type, maybe some chromis(I'm partial to the blue reef chromis but they are pricey), a lawnmower, gramma, maybe an angel. I tend to like more "common" fish vs exotic; 1)cheaper, 2)they tend to be common because they do well in tanks.

I agree. I've been looking into getting a vermiculated wrasse pair. (leopard wrasses) but wanted to wait and see if I was sure. Also, the flame angel is pretty territorial so not sure about adding another angel. I've been considering a gramma. A lawnmower would chomp my mandarin I think, and my tang destroys all y hair algae.

You definately need more LR. Mike Brown has some FS for $2.00lb if you buy alot...or sweet talk him.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/15064-live-rock-4-sale-200-pounds-left-250-p-pound/

I'm not sure how you want to go with it but IMO I think you need height but check out some other pics on people's set up then draw yourself an outline of what you want and I'm sure the rocks will come together.

Make sure if you do stack you glue those suckers together the first time and drill yourself some frag holes while your at it.