Hanging Kit

medi

I am building a new hanging lighting fixture for my tank. I am going to suspend the fixture with 1/8" steel cable. As you can see in my horrible sketch I am going to have two cables attached to the ceiling, and then each cable is going to split and connect at four points on the frame of the fixture. I need the fixture to be able to adjust vertically so I can raise the lights off of the tank, and I also want the cables to be easily adjusted at the four connection points on the frame so that I can easily level the fixture. Also, this is in my living room so it needs to look aesthetically pleasing or else my wife might kill me. I've got a few different ideas of how I'd like to accomplish this, but I wanted to throw this out there and see what everyone else's thoughts are. I am open to all ideas so throw it out there. Thanks

post-698-0-80315700-1294515988_thumb.png

I am building a new hanging lighting fixture for my tank. I am going to suspend the fixture with 1/8" steel cable. As you can see in my horrible sketch I am going to have two cables attached to the ceiling, and then each cable is going to split and connect at four points on the frame of the fixture. I need the fixture to be able to adjust vertically so I can raise the lights off of the tank, and I also want the cables to be easily adjusted at the four connection points on the frame so that I can easily level the fixture. Also, this is in my living room so it needs to look aesthetically pleasing or else my wife might kill me. I've got a few different ideas of how I'd like to accomplish this, but I wanted to throw this out there and see what everyone else's thoughts are. I am open to all ideas so throw it out there. Thanks

Keep in mind that you really don't need the cables adjusted at all four corners, rather you just need to be able to adjust the mid point where it attaches to the ceiling. Once you have the midpoint centered it should be able to tighten to keep it fixed there. I have this one and it looks nice, simple, and is awesome. Height is adjustable but not something you'd want to do every day (you have to offset the fixture weight while you adjust it)

kit I use

Take a look here for other options:

hanging kits

Mn i wish i could remember the thread on RC but there is a company that makes like a small rod as in ur picture that has a winch motor on the end. It is controlled with a remote to go up and down.

That sounds exactly like what I want. Keep me in mind if you happen to remember.

Keep in mind that you really don't need the cables adjusted at all four corners, rather you just need to be able to adjust the mid point where it attaches to the ceiling. Once you have the midpoint centered it should be able to tighten to keep it fixed there. I have this one and it looks nice, simple, and is awesome. Height is adjustable but not something you'd want to do every day (you have to offset the fixture weight while you adjust it)

kit I use

hanging kits

The kit you use looks like it could work well for what I need, but marinedepot doesn't really give any details about it. How long are the horizontal cables? My fixture is over 24" wide so I need one with longer cables. I thing. Thanks

kit I use

hanging kits

The kit you use looks like it could work well for what I need, but marinedepot doesn't really give any details about it. How long are the horizontal cables? My fixture is over 24" wide so I need one with longer cables. I thing. Thanks

Cables in that kit are shorter than what you're asking, but are easily replaceable with stuff you get at HD.