Has anyone ordered from Mr.Coral?

MushroomXombies

I have in the past, and things went well with them. But I don't think I have any of the corals left from them in my tank.

People have had iced experiences with them on other forums. Particularly when try to deal with refunds and DOA's.

I've ordered a couple of times from them (special offers on nano-reef.com notably) and I find their service to be pretty good. The corals come advertised and all that, and for the price I certainly think it's worth it. That said, people get mixed results with the survival rates of some of the mixed packs - often you loose one or two from a pack of 10-12, still worth it in numbers when you consider most packs are under $100 shipped.

Still, I've never head a problem with the stuff sold outside of packs, and the 13 frags for $130 shipped is near impossible to beat. Just know that the corals you're getting aren't the super premium stuff, it's the pretty-close-to-premium stuff... a little less vivid color, a little different growth pattern, whatever. They look like what they're advertised as (though under my lights they tend to be a bit dimmer, and it's obvious from the pics that some photos have had their colors tweaked), and the $10 frags are fully healed and all.

There's actually a large thread on it here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238690