Battle With Cayno Slime

I notice there are red slime on sand and also on the wall of backd tank,

THere are not lots of food feed, there are two ocellaris and 30 inverts. i have 2400 gph in the 75 gal tank I reccently added 40 lbs of live rocks from MAAST. I reduced the lights to 8 hours.

Can I Siphon the slime out of the sand? or use slime remover?

You can definitely siphon out the slime. Sometimes the slime remover works and some times it doesn't. I would check your phosphate level. I currently am dealing with a cayno problems. It is growing right where the flow hits the sand. The parameters are perfect. I am going to test my ro water next we make some. I also threw in some phosphate sponge and will be adding carbon tomorrow. Carbon pulls tons of stuff out of the water. Finally I will be shortening the light cycle. I will let you know if in win.

best of luck

Really, see you have the same problem I have... I tested Phosphate and its 0, all the parameter went 0. I added the new carbon in the sump.

I read the message some where in forum mention that suspend the light for 72 hours ( 3 days ) like as Troprical storm in ocean. I can't find where the information. That will reduce the cyano.

Let me know which is best work for you.

I filled it up the new salt batch with RO/DI (TDS 0) for siphon in cases if I have to do to remove all the cyano while the siphon..

Best luck of you.