Help with a tank move in Georgetown on Halloween EVE?

chrisfowler99

I'll be moving a 265g tank (and stand and canopy) from the Tate's to my place (both in Georgetown).

I plan on renting a U-Haul to move it.

We could use several extra pairs of hands (and feet and stuff) to help out.

We'd like to get going before 1pm on Sunday so as not to affect Halloween type stuff for our kids.

Please let me know if you have some muscle you can add.

Thanks!

Edit: Looks like we're going to shoot for Saturday at 2:30ish. We could use another pair of hands or two.

That tank is a monster - you might want to do some carb loading the day before! We just moved a little 75 gal and I felt like I had just run a marathon :D Hope you end up having plenty of help and everything goes smoothly.

We already have plans Sunday morning, but PM me if you need to borrow some buckets! We have at least 15 - most have handles and lids. They stack nicely if you have a dolly.

Has anyone ever used the MAAST cart? We did when we picked our tank up in San Antonio. It made a HUGE difference since it was built for moving heavy tanks. However, the way our house is laid out, it was easier to to move the tank from the trailer that I backed up to the front door, to where it is now...all at once without stopping. I'm not sure how Chris' house is laid out.

Anybody else want to help? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'll have the tank broken down as much as possible so that this can go a fast as possible.

In my house we'll go right in the front door and then through some double doors on the right right into my office.

So once we're in it's maybe 10-15 feet. The only "difficult" part should be the front door.

Looking at U-Haul trucks.

Same price for the 10' and 14' trucks.

10' truck's dimension is:

9'11"(L)x6'4"(W)x6'2"(H)

I'm thinking that should be long enough...and easier to drive and has a slightly lower deck height.

In my house we'll go right in the front door and then through some double doors on the right right into my office.

So once we're in it's maybe 10-15 feet. The only "difficult" part should be the front door.

Looking at U-Haul trucks

Same price for the 10' and 14' trucks.

10' truck's dimension is:

9'11"(L)x6'4"(W)x6'2"(H)

I'm thinking that should be long enough...and easier to drive and has a slightly lower deck height.

Try Home Depot's covered trailer. I used it to pick up our tank and everything fit perfectly.

Moving it to Saturday, 2:30ish.

We've got three people confirmed for Saturday (myself, Chad and o0zarkwater (Chris)).

We've got one that has said he can probably help (olaggie01...sorry, don't know your actual name)

And one that is a "should be". (don duncan has told me he should be available Saturday, but has not confirmed the time) I'll talk with him tonight.

We could use another confirmed pair of hands or two to make this as easy as possible.

It's a 7' tank...plenty of room for people to get around it. :D

I just wanted to take the time to thank the following:

Chris - chrisfowler99

Don - donduncan

Calvin - Medi

Chad - Chad and Belinda

Chris - O0zarkawater

for taking time away from your families to help make the tank move a success. It's nice to have great friends you can count on in a time of need!!!

Thanks again....Belinda