Help with ick ?

pumpkin

Hello i was wondering if any one can give me some advice on my ick problem? I have 3 fish in my saltwater tank that have ick on them and i am trying to see what is the easy way to go about fixing this problem.. I have about 80 pounds of live rock in the tank and about 20 pieces of corals plus snells in the tank.. the fish is hard to catch with out me having to remove mostly every thing.. Is there any thing i can do and buy to fix this problem without me having to remove the corals and the rock to catch the fish? Thanks for your help..

make sure your parameters are in order(alk, calcium, salinity,nitrates , phosphates, mag,temp) Do a water change using ro/di water. Increasing the quality of your water will help the fish fight off the parasite on its own. Feed the fish with a quality food. keep em well fed but dont over feed if doing so negatively effects your water quality.Water changes(ro/di) running carbon and gfo help with water quality.Do you have a bully in the tank? Shortening your photoperiod may slow it down thus buying your fish a little more time to fight it off. Most happy healthy fish can fight it off on their own without meds if you do your part.If your tank is not established then I would consider giving the fish to someone who has an established system to house them for you thus giving you some time to correct things before your fish die..I dont know why exactly but it seems to me that tanks that arent fully established are more prone to ick and other mysterious fish ailments/deaths(even when parameters are in line).

Edited by mikedelgado

If you have a lot of fish, get a cleaner wrasse. I had some problems with external parasites so I got a cleaner wrasse for $10 from AquaDome. Within three days all of my fish were parasite free. The cleaner wrasse is fat as can be and feeds on pellet food. AquaDome is good about training the fish to eat pellets. It makes it super easy to get them to eat other stuff.