Oldie from SA

Europhyllia

I haven't been in Austin for a long time but am excited to be heading that way soon for a fun day of LFS hopping. Can't wait!

So I thought I should check out ARC more closely so I don't miss anything while I am up there.

I am SE of San Antonio and have had reef tanks for about 12 years or so.

I currently have a 215g tank but it has less water because I filled it with ginromous amount of substrate to keep my group of jawfish happy.

I am calling it a Caribbean Inspired Reef meaning it's sort of like a biotope but not really.

I was trying to achieve the 'diving in the Caribbean' look but couldn't part with some of the non-Caribbean fish I've had for a long time like my pair of clowns, pair of mandarins and a group of anthias.

Also since the collection of hardcorals in the Caribbean is illegal I've added a lot of Pacific hardcorals that looked like its Atlantic cousins.

Since I run biopellets it took me a while to get nutrients balanced to support macro algae but I think I am finally there and it really completes the look.

I love all of the researching and learning that comes with this hobby :doh:

Here's a FTS of my little CAribbean reef:

215tank100610.jpg