new LED lights

FragsandMore

Presenting the new EcoRay LEW light:

· 30 White High Power 1 watt LED, Color Temperature 5500K-6500K

· 30 Blue Actinic High Power 1 Watt LED, Wave Length 450-470nm

· 62 W, 110 V - 220 V

· Built-in cooling fan

· All Aluminium Housing 14" x 8.5" x 2.4", 8.2 lbs.

· Mounting brackets, hanging wire included

ECORAY 60 HIGH PAR LED LIGHT

BRIGHTER THAN METAL HALIDE

UP TO 100+ LUMENS PER WATT, UP TO 500+ PAR AT 24" FROM CENTER

SHIMMER EFFECT

DOES NOT HEAT YOUR TANK

eco-ray.jpg

Ecoray336.jpg

Ecoray335.jpg

I'm kinda interested. What does this translate to? 20g? 50g? 75g? 100g?

My 75g being about 18"x48" would make me think I would turn it sideways to try and fill the 18" with 14" of light and then I'd need about 5 units to cover approximately 43" of the 48" length. With that in mind, would I be looking at $1,750 to light my 75g tank, or is it more of a "2 units equal to about 1 250w halide" so I'd just need 2?

Mike, I'm not sure about these specific lights, but for typical LED modules of this size I believe you'd need two.

I was just reading a little more on these and it looks like the recommended area of use is 13"x18", so Mike, it looks like you would need 4 for a 75G.

The reviews seem decent. It looks like the went with tight lenses to increase the direct lighting, at the expense of spread.

they are great lights, but yes, they do lack the spreading effect of the light beams. Obviously the higher you put them, the more the light spreads, but I have them directly on top of an anemone tank at my shop and all anemones are doing great.

As for a 75, I would think using one on each side would allow you to easily keep an abundance of corals. Sure you might have a little shaded area but not all corals are light-loving Acro's, :cool:

And when I say shaded, it is not that dark, because these light certainly do pack a punch!