Wide tank

ejaustin

My little 29-gallon tank is all stocked at this point and I find I'm spending my time thinking about what I want to be able to do with my next tank (after I move). One of the things I'm thinking is that I would like a wide tank, like 24 or ever 36 inches, front to back. I think the critters would like it and I think I would have more flexibility in aquascaping. I could have an area of sandy substrate with open water near the front and crowd the back with lots of life rock and hidey-hole kind of things.

I was just wondering if anyone has a wide tank that I could look at and talk over the pros and cons with.

ej

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, a lot of tanks with the best aquascapes are wider tanks because it allows so much more flexibility. I think the best is a wider tank that is viewable from 3-sides that way you can really see everything in the tank.

Agreed, wider is better for setting up and aquascaping. I have to admit that I'm also partial to high as well. Mine is just about 25" high and it's like living in the ocean versus looking into it through a narrow slit window.

Joe