Ac Repair

Well my AC went out a few days ago. Turns out I have a really dirty A-coil. (Thanks alot previous owners <_< ) The estimate I got to clean it was $600+

It is just me or does that seem outrageous? Can anyone chime in? Everyplace I call won't even give me a ballpark figure for the repair.

I'm very frustrated, but also thankful I have my chiller.

Dude, my AC guy is the friends of the family and does great work for dirt cheap. Yes cleaning coil for 600.00 is over price, it only cost me 200.00 for them to clean and re-oil the blower. You got my number.

-Joseph Le

I had an estimate to clean mine at $750! After some research into my AC I realized the unit was the original one that came with the house in 1981. My electric bill was $300 a month and that was pre-getting a tank! I ended up doing one of the city of Austin intrest free loans and got a new AC system from Fox AC. I am very happy with it and my elec. bill now averages $150 with the tank.

My electric bill for 1800 sq ft house is 151.00 with 4 tanks, and 5 metal halide 250 watts, , two on 55 gallon, one over 29 gallon and on the main tank with Two 250-300 also. Ac at 72 degree. Lights on 10 hours a day. After cleaning and re oiling the blower dropped the bill from 250.00 to 150.00, that is crazy savings. Ohh and I change my air filter one a month. I'm glad I did it on my own when I first moved in, bc a bill that much is a killer on the pocket books in the summer.

-Joseph