Alternative To Coralife Timer/powerstrip

Headless_donkey

I just found this on ebay. It looks exactly like the digital coralife power center, but much less expensive. My guess is some company is importing them under a name other then coralife. I just thought I would let everyone know. Here is the link:

Power strip

As a side note I have found Hydroponic plant growers use much of the same equipment as aquariums. Those guys are industrious and come up with some good ideas. Sometime equivalent equipment is even cheaper when it is for plants.

That is a good find. All hobbyists need to get over the idea that each piece of equipment is built specifically for us. Fact is some factory in China is producing millions of those timers for whoever wants them. Coralife contacted them and said, "We will take X amount if you put our name on them and put them in this box", to which the Chinese said, "sure". I've found many a good deal on lighting at the hydro shops. Same manufacturers, different box, different price.

That coralife timer used to have a problem catching on fire, therefore I don't trust it farther than I can throw it.

I second that statement. I've heard horror stories of the old dial type. I've heard numerous complaints of the new ones claiming on the box they can do more than what is listed in the instructions as well.