Annoucing the September ARC Meeting

dapettit

Announcing the September meeting.

Come Join us on Saturday September 25, 2010

Aqua Austin Farms has volunteered to host the September meeting at their store.

The details:

September 25, 2010 at 3 p.m.

Austin Aqua Farms will have a new shipement just for us!

It's been great seeing so many new faces mixed in with the regulars at each meeting. This will be another great meeting to hang out and put a face to that avatar. If you have not yet attended one please consider a visit.

All are welcome to attend. Please let us know you are coming by replying to this thread. Hope to see everyone there.

Premium Membership cards will be avaiable at the meeting too. Please see Robin Pettit for your card. If you are not a Premium Member this what you are missing for just $10.00:

By supporting Austin Reef Club you receive:

• Premium Membership Card
  • 10% discount on livestock at Aquatek.
  • 10% discount on livestock and dry goods at River City Aquatics.
  • Extended topic title/post editing (Unlimited instead of 60 min).
  • Boosts PM storage to 200 messages, allows PM attachments and up to 5 participants per conversation.
  • Up to 5 images allowed in signatures (500px x 100px each).
  • Removes search flood control.
  • No size limit for post attachments.
  • Allows you to give out 10 rep points (instead of 5) daily.
  • Ability to change display name once per month.
  • Sneak peaks and testing of new features being added to ARC.
  • The "I support ARC" badge on posts.

There are no refunds.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send me (dapettit) a PM

OH suuuuuure! Schedule it BETWEEN paychecks! ugh! Thanks!

Come on Whit!! Carpool???

Lol, lemme talk to Gregory and see if he wants to go. I may have to leave my wallet at home though... maybe when fall gets here and my HORRIFIC electric bill goes down, then I can have fun agan.

Edited by Whit

maybe when fall gets here and my HORRIFIC electric bill goes down, then I can have fun agan.

You're not kidding.. $500 electric bill really cut into my coral budget this month!

No kidding... Our 1 bed 1 bath town home cost me $260 dollars in electricity this month! That was unexpected... we just moved into the place, and I used to complain about our bills in the 2 bed 1 bath being too high, and they were only $160! I talked to some people at work (since I work for a different electric company) and Greg and I are going to go home and try some things to see if we can get it lower. Mainly I think the previous owners turned the hot water heater ALL the way up!!! *burn* So yeah, corals are out this paycheck... but 3 paychecks next month will be NICE! :)

Wait until you get the new meters ours jumpe up $100 from the git go.

really?!?!? Thats not right! Did you call your electric company? Too bad youre not on PEC... then Greg and I could do something about it.

Ouch! I believe it, Georgetown went to the new water meters and our usage jumped significantly, so electricity will do the same thing. I just got a $200 electric bill for my (currently vacant) rent house.. apparently one of the realtors turned the air conditioners on and left them. Ugh. I'm probably going to have to go out there this weekend and shut off the a/c breakers. Fortunately the house is in Taylor, maybe a mile from AAF, so I might be able to make the meeting this time.

Just feels wrong not bidding on this week's auction, some really nice pieces on there.

Wait until you get the new meters ours jumped up $100 from the git go.

that's b/c all this time, it was $100 in YOUR favor. Now the meters are more accurate. I'm with you that its not fun to pay high bills, but at least it wasn't as hot as last summer!

And, if anyone has a problem with the sun coming in your windows and heating up your house, let me know as I have a client who I did some filming for and I talked to numerous people who said the product saved them hundreds a month on utility bills.

I'll be at the meeting!