UV LED?

cyrus

What UV range are you looking for? Is this for a black light, or sterilization, etc.? I know some of the decent UV LED's are very expensive, like $300+ each. There's also a lot of quality problems with UV wavelengths. I think the UV wavelengths are more difficult to create LED's with, or there just isn't a lot of need for them.

That's UVC. That's by far the hardest LED's to find, not many companies make UVC LED's. It's a lot more than just output, the wavelength is key to how efficient the LED is at killing bacteria and pathogens. There's a few companies that currently make them. A company called Crystal IS is supposed to be coming out with a monster 9W UVC LED, but I don't think it's available yet. Anyway, look for 240nm LED's. They're extremely difficult to find. I checked all the LED sources I know, and the lowest wavelength they stock is UVA which would be the equivalent of a black light.