Floating an ice bag

chrisfowler99

i feel ya...last year about this same time my A/C went out. My wife was pregnant 8mnths and the tank was an issue. Luckily i had some 1/2 gallon milk containers that i freeze in my big freezer, so i just put one of them in there to keep the temp below 80-81. Hope the A/C is an ez fix for yall. i have two box fans if u need them, and im pretty sure your not to far away.

I usually have several liter bottles of water frozen. I use them to cool my water before a water change.

Except I forgot to pull them out after the last time. :hmm:

Doing bags of ice and freezing some more bags now. I've got a fan on a stand blowing across the top of the water. Hopefully that's good.

Already got a call in to the A/C company. Hopefully they make it over early today.

Congrats! Probably one of the less expensive things to break on an AC unit.

For the sake of anyone reading this who's in the same boat, I recently had a reminder of how well plain ol' evaporation works to cool a tank. In the new location, my tank is completely enclosed in a cabinet and was getting a little warm in the afternoons. I put a fan inside the cabinet, but just down next to the tank and without an actual vent it wasn't doing much. Then I mounted the same fan at the top where it was blowing across the surface of the water. The temp immediately dropped a good 6-8 degrees! Downside is that I have to fill my top-off almost twice as often, but oh well. Now we're running around 75 instead of 80-82 at times. The first day I had just plugged the fan into an outlet and it stayed on overnight after the lights went off and the tank went down to 73 by the next morning. Now I keep it plugged into the same timer as the MH's so the temp doesn't swing so much.