30l Sump And Overflow

aeroaustin

G'Day mates, :D

I will pick the 30L tank from RCA tomorrow, I need your feedback or your preference of styles for sump and redo the plumbing around the tank and DIY shelf on the right side of the tank for access to auto top off 5 gallon jug and top shelf is for chemical stuffs. The bottom is for QT.

my plan is for sump. Skimmer area I will put RECI skimmer or external skimmer, don;t know for sure.

A) Frist area is skimmer and the next area is return and the last area is Refuge?

Skimmer >> Return << Refuge?

cool.gif or First area is skimmer and the next area is Refuge and the last is Returm?

Skimmer >> Refuge >> Return?

What is height of Baffle for each?

Other question, I am going to redo with plumbering. Orginally is that overflow is on the back of left the tank, so I am think put the overflow on the side of the right tank? Koralia # 4 is on the left side (opposite of the overflowbox) of the tank to flow the water toward to overflow box?

or your preference that Overflow box is center of the tank?

Thanks,

Have a great evening..... :D

Edited by aeroaustin

Check out melevsreef.com in the DIY section. He goes into great detail about sump design. I personal like the skimmer>>return<<fuge because it allows you to have two different turn pver rates in your skimmer and fuge. The baffle height is up to you, but it will determine the water height in your sump. Just make sure that the water in your sump is low enough to leave room for the water from the tank when the return pump is turned off.

Check out melevsreef.com in the DIY section. He goes into great detail about sump design. I personal like the skimmer>>return<<fuge because it allows you to have two different turn pver rates in your skimmer and fuge. The baffle height is up to you, but it will determine the water height in your sump. Just make sure that the water in your sump is low enough to leave room for the water from the tank when the return pump is turned off.

ok I will do this skimmer >> return >> Refuge...

ok How about location for overflow box on the center of tank or right side of tank (not end of right back)? Which is beneficial?

ok I will do this skimmer >> return >> Refuge...

ok How about location for overflow box on the center of tank or right side of tank (not end of right back)? Which is beneficial?

Here the plan, there are two options from A and B plan. what do you think of my plan?

If you have proper water movement it really shouldn't matter too much.

I run one Koralia # 4 (1200 GPH) and also I will process to order one more Koralia #4 today if there is no stock in anywhere in lFS.

will be total of 2400 GPH in tank..

post-152-1177859294_thumb.jpg

Both look good. You are now in the realm of personal preference. Plan A would give you the option of having two long side visible. Plan B is a touch more traditional a slightly easier to plumb. I like plan A, but it is up to you.

I agreed, I like plan A because of hide, and look neat, exepct retrun pipe that is really not bad. every is hide. also easy to access to overflow box when I check the stuffs in the cabient for i.e auto top off, water exchange with fresh salt mix, QT tank is on bottom of shelf.. look Neat than visible of object. When every is done, will pose the pictur. :D