Bracelets for Rylee Simmons

Brooks

Hi ARC!

Times are tough, but could you imagine if your child was diagnosed with Still being a teenager/child myself, I can't imagine what this family is going through. Jon & Melissa Simmons' (owners of Boston Aqua Farms) daughter, Rylee, was diagnosed on January 14th, 2010. The treatment plan is 2 years long and it is very costly. The Simmons have to travel an hour or more to Boston twice a week for checkups and to receive treatments.

To help pay the growing list of bills, mom (Melissa Simmons) is making bracelets to sell to anyone that is willing to buy them. These are simple beaded bracelets but they are made with love and care and hope for Rylee's future."

Lets show some support from Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock, Kyle, Killeen, and everywhere else and buy a bracelet or donate whatever you can!

Here is a link to the website where they are selling the bracelets: http://www.braceletsforrylee.com/ or follow her progress on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/ryleesimmons

Also, a post from Jon (BostonAquaFarms) on Reef2Reef:

"I have been sitting here for along time trying to figure out what to say but I can't think of anything appropriate. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to express my thanks to all those that have helped out. Maybe an update on how she is doing. It has been at least a few weeks since I had an opportunity to post here, or even check for updates, it has been busy around here. Rylee continues to go through cycles of chemotherapy and various other medications as part of her treatment, she has her good days and her bad days. A few weeks ago a pharmacist mistakenly gave us the wrong medication and Rylee was overdosed on methadone. She got a dose that was Five Times more potent then prescribed. It took the Drs a long time to figure out what was happening so Rylee spent 4 days basically stoned out of her mind. She made it through that and a few extra days in the hospital and came home after a week. Last week was a very good week, cheerful and happy most of the time, walking allot more then in recent months. It makes me feel good to see her happy. Friday we started a new round of chemo and last night more steroids. Yesterday we went to a local fair. She saw animals and played games and rode on some carnival rides. She had a wonderful day. Today she is on steroids again and extremely cranky, just impossible to please and very hard to handle. Today is the first day of a 7 day cycle on Steroids, I can tell it's going to be a tough week. Anyway, we plod on. The treatment plan for leukemia is long and hard but knowing that we have the support of so many good people makes it a bit easier. I can't say 'Thank You' enough, I hope I can find a way to express our gratitude to everyone that has helped out.

Many Many Thanks,

Jon, Melissa and Rylee"