Rabbitfish trouble

Hydro

My three open brain corals recently have not been opening up like they used to. I have one that is 10" around and 4" tall when completely open, now its 25% of that. Since it was all three corals I thought that something was wrong with the water quality so I have been checking my parameters and all is good. I turned my lights back while I was gone a couple of weeks ago and turned them back up once I got back in to town so I thought that might be it....it wasn't.

I saw my metallic foxface nibbling on them yesterday, I should say it was biting them. This really sucks b/c either my three hand pick corals or the fisht that I got for father's day has to go. If I pull out these corals and keep the fish I wonder what the odds are that he will try other corals. I know that know no one knows for sure and that the fish could change its mind on a daily basis but what are some general opinions?

BTW a member was over the other day and said "do you never had any problems with you foxface picking at your corals?"..... you jinxed me!

I'd second trying to make sure that he is getting enough to eat to distract him from the corals, but I know from experience that once they have figured out that corals make a tasty meal you probably won't ever be able to trust him.

That's what I thought you guys would say. I'm going to move the brains to my frag tank for now and will watch the foxface closely. If I see it nibble at anything else then I have no choice but to remove it. I really like this fish, I would hate to see it go.

If rabbits don't find "their" food.. They'll def eat misc corals(whatever looks good that day) ..still can't justify getting rid of mine he eats EVERYTHING including cyano

Oh he is finding food alright, its a fat pig.