Help! Lighting Question

medi

I am replacing the ballast on my Coralife Aqualight Pro with a Lumatek Electronic dimmable ballast. I figure this would be a simple open and rewire, but upon opening it I noticed the wiring goes through what appears to be a remote ignitor. My question is what happens if I leave the wiring the way it is and continue to run through the remote ignitor. I know my new ballast has an ignitor so what happens if I have double ignitors? Fry the lamp? Or maybe nothing at all? I can remove it, but would rather not so that when I go to sell the fixture I don't have to figure out how to rewire the ignitor. Hopefully the pics help you see what I am talking about.

post-698-046199200 1281022937_thumb.jpg

post-698-029185800 1281023047_thumb.jpg

i dont think it will work with 2, the green,white, and black are all u need. If teh ballast came with a cord then u dont need the old cord at all. Just run the new cord threw the hole where the old on was. If its a wired type ballast hook it up just like it is now but w/o the old ignitor. Black to Black-White to White-Green to Green. Its realy hard to say cause it looks like the other cords are connect as well. Maybe this helps.

I agree with offroadodge here. I have been reading up on this as well cause i want to switch my ballast to lumatek too. If u Google rewiring coralife aqualight pro the first response is from 3reef.com I believe he shows how he rewired his but a lil different Cause he is going from 150w to 250w and I believe he states that the lumatek has the ignitor in the ballast so u don't need the one in the fixture. There are a couple other people who have done it and I'm still gathering info but like i said it seems that the ignitor isn't needed.

Thanks for the info. I removed the igniter and I got it all rewired and the difference is amazing. The light looks almost twice as bright. The only problem I am still having is now the cooling fan in thefixture barely turns. I'm at a loss about this. I know everything is re-wired correctly. I have officially perplexed the coralife guys too. He is supposed to do some research and call me back if he can figure anything out. Any ideas?