metal halide ballasts

julespinkyd

If it's for the 75g in your about me, then go 250w. I prefer the higher wattage over my tank and that there seems to be a lot more bulb choices in 250 than any other wattage.

Thanks for this post. I am going with the 250s. Would I now have to go with a chiller? THey are going into a canopy. Sorry if this question sounds stupid, it is my first time going into metal halides...

Thanks

Edited by julespinkyd

2x250 no chiller, however I have mine set up with a false (no lid) canopy and my lighting hangs from the ceiling. You are in RR, you are welcome to arrange to drop in and see mine. I'm over in the ghetto they call Greenlawn. I think you should be fine if you vent it properly and if you keep your house reasonably cool, ours is 77 during the day and 72 at night.

2x250 no chiller, however I have mine set up with a false (no lid) canopy and my lighting hangs from the ceiling. You are in RR, you are welcome to arrange to drop in and see mine. I'm over in the ghetto they call Greenlawn. I think you should be fine if you vent it properly and if you keep your house reasonably cool, ours is 77 during the day and 72 at night.

Well, mine is all enclosed except for the Back. I was thinking of adding a couple of small fans on the back. I also went with only one 250 for now. I am leaving my PCs in the canopy as well. I hope this is enough light for my SPS for now. Since I am new to these light, I am experimenting and taking it slow. I may add the other 250 at a later time...

you will probly hv to go with a chiller eventually. If u vent the canopy with fans it will be fine. i know of plenty of PPL that run 2-250s w/o a chiller. PM replied

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for the metal halide. I am almost done with the project. I incorporated a switch from the light to the ballast and rewired the whole canopy. I hope that I don't blow anything out.