Ready To Get Some Fun Coral

Stacy

Hi y'all- my tank is finally in shape with good enough lights for me to add some of the "fun" coral that I want. I've only got 130 watts of 10,000 PC light with the dual actinics so obviously acro's and a lot of SPS are out. I know lots of you have frags to sell and I know the prices I've seen are cheaper than the LFS. Since I am a poor teacher, free or cheap is what I need :)

Here's my wish list. If any of you see something on here that you do not think would work with my lights, please let me know. I want my tank to be as beautiful as all of yours, but I don't want to kill anything trying to get there.

1. xenia or clove polyps

2. zoas

3. frogspawn or hammer

4. open brain or nearly any other brain (sounds funny :wave:)

5. I think a candy cane or trumpet or fox. These all look similar and I know there is a difference, but I'm not too picky about it. I like them all.

6. a toadstool leather

7. ricordia mushrooms

8. I REALLLLLY want a purple monti cap, but does anyone know if I could grow it w/o MH's?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to share!!

Stacy

Edited by Stacy

Some people say you can not grow monti caps under just pc's alone. but if you place them high enough in your tank and give them good flo and water quality you might be supprised. I bough some orange, and green monti caps at the frag swap and so far they are doing great the orange cap has grown about 1/4" under my pc's.

Thanks y'all! I would love to take the xenia- let me know where I can meet you or how to get it from you.

As for the monti- I'm glad to hear it can be done :) I figured I would have to put it up high and have saved a place for some in the hopes that I could find a piece to try. Congrats on the growth on yours!

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

I ended up with a few different monti cap pieces. Sure, I could share a purple one with you. The larger piece I got ended up breaking in transit into 3. I've got 2 left if you want one. I also took the xenia, some orage-red zoas, and some red and purple digitata. Everything is happy and growing :o

You really are going micro aren't you! I have a 1" x probably 1/2 " wide pale purple piece if you want it. LMK~

Stacy

post-240-1183000725_thumb.jpgOK Andrew- here's a pic of the cap. It's pretty pale, but may color up more in your tank. Thanks for the reminder about the pic. I'm sorry I forgot- got distracted by the rain and a grant we're fixing to write I guess ;)

Stacy

Ok cool! Yeah it should color up nicely since it will be at the top with 10W per Gallon. Is there anyway that you could remove it from the piece of rock?

Thanks!

-Andrew

Won't be a problem ;) It should looove all that light!!

See ya

Stacy