Dow Blue foam or Owen Pink foam

wayneb

Spent the morning checking out both Lowes and Home Depot, here in Bastrop - looking for the foam sheets to put under tanks and fuge.

Neither of them carry the 2' x 4' sheets 3/4" or 1" thick. Doing a LFS road trip tomorrow so will be in Austin and want to see if I can find

it there. Any suggestions?

thanks,

wayneb

In the flooring department, you can find 1/4" thick dense foam floor cushion. Not carpet pad, but cushion for high traffic hard floor applications. I have used this under a sump and liked how it performed. Just enough deformation to accommodate irregularity in the deck surface and to fully support the glass bottom of the sump. It is sold by the foot. Looks like it also comes in 2x3 sheets:

Cushion

Check it out!

In the flooring department, you can find 1/4" thick dense foam floor cushion. Not carpet pad, but cushion for high traffic hard floor applications. I have used this under a sump and liked how it performed. Just enough deformation to accommodate irregularity in the deck surface and to fully support the glass bottom of the sump. It is sold by the foot. Looks like it also comes in 2x3 sheets:

Cushion

Check it out!

Our Lowes carries something similiar, had checked it out a couple of weeks ago. But to use as carpet protection to build the stand on. Didn't like the price so went with the plastic

staircase carpet protector.

More comfortable using the blue foam as that is what I used when I had freshwater tanks set up. For you old-timer Austinites- I had gotten it at Homers Lumber and Hardware formerly located at 35 and 71 back in the early 80s..

wayneb

Went to the Lowes at 35 and Stassney- they had 3/4" 4x8 sheets. Guy looked at me funny but did cut one sheet into 2' widths. Also picked up a rubbermaid 18g

container to use with the skimmer and a clip on reflector to use as a fuge light

wayne