Computer

JimD

Replaced the harddrive and re-installed XP on my laptop, now I'm unable to pring to the wireless router.. gggrrrr... The printer does show up on my network but I dont see the host computer, not sure Im supposed to. Both computers are settup to share.... Gimmeee a gun. lol Had this same issue when I first settup the laptop, had someone over to get it working but Im not sure what he did to fix it. Thanks for the reply!

What model laptop? I would guess that the drivers are not installed. I don't have a Windows machine anymore, but right click My Computer --> Manage hardware (I think), and look if there are x's next to any of the list of components.

Perhaps someone running XP could elaborate on this...

Thats what Im not sure about, II dont know if the laptop needs drivers or just the host computer. I dont want to click on things Im not sure about.... The printer was working flawlessly before installing the new harddrive . By the way, beautiful mystery wrasse in your avatar, is it yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Its sounds like drivers. Right click on my computer, click manage then click on device manager. Since you just re-loaded you will have a few yellow !'s. These are the drivers you need. Depending on who makes the laptop will determine next steps, but bascially go to their support site and download chipset, network, video and sound drivers. After you see 0 yellow !'s, then re-install your printer software and you should be good to go.

Only yellow is... 'Other Devices'

'Pci Modem'

The new OS was installed on the laptop, nothings changed on the host pc or router.. Its a Dell Latitude C640.. Its connected to a non wireless printer thats used to work fine through the router.