ORA Tank Raised Target Mandarin GB

mcallahan

I talked to Shane @ Fishy business and it looks like the tentative price for the ORA Tank Raised Mandarins will be $70 each.

Shane said he'd take care of the GB for us, so if you want some of these tank raised/frozen food eating beauties, please reply in the thread!

Thanks Shane for taking care of us!

A possible GB would be good, as these will be rather difficult to get a hold of due to ORA limiting stores to a maximum of 2 Mandarins per order.

BTW the fish ship too small to tell a definite difference between males & females. Just food for thought for any hoping to try for a pair.

I'm going to hold off. I've seen them selling for $50 and feel that is a much more appropriate price. Even people on the ORA site are saying that $50 has been an average price.

I will be ready for the day when they sell for the same price as wild. Until the price is the same or less than, the wild populations will continue to be exploited. You cannot persuade a new hobbyist that it is better to spend $70 on a fish in a tank right next to one that is $15.

I've seen them selling for $50 and feel that is a much more appropriate price. Even people on the ORA site are saying that $50 has been an average price.

I agree with you Mike - yet for the first week or so that these were available, many resellers were actually selling them for $75-100/ea, and getting it :wave:

aquatek had some for 60 when i was there

I think I only saw one, but it was in their inverts rack. Pretty awesome that they're becoming so available so quickly, it was only a few short months ago that they were first announced.

I've seen them selling for $50 and feel that is a much more appropriate price. Even people on the ORA site are saying that $50 has been an average price.

I agree with you Mike - yet for the first week or so that these were available, many resellers were actually selling them for $75-100/ea, and getting it :jump:

Sadly though, most people will go through 3 or 4 before they find one that will eat frozen, so at $15 each they spend $60 and still don' t have a live mandarin.

Also sadly, I know that people chasing a bargain will spend the $15 and take their chances that they can get a wild one to eat frozen.

$70 is very high though.

I talked to Shane yesterday and we are going to hold off on the GB for now for a couple of reasons:

1. Availability of the fish - as posted above, each store is getting 2 max right now
  2. Waiting to see the "in the field" longevity and success of these guys

I'll post again once we are ready to move forward