heres my first saltwater tank

Myvirtue

Ill have to work on better pics just put my live rocks in and my sand is a little stirred up and i havent wiped the glass. but here you go. Im so excited. and to the people that helped make this happen... thank you.

post-1502-063757500 1278647130_thumb.jpg

post-1502-055100000 1278647151_thumb.jpg

post-1502-004006300 1278647189_thumb.jpg

post-1502-082315500 1278647208_thumb.jpg

post-1502-076565000 1278647226_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jerrad,

See you got my sun coral. It's the three or four yellow bumps on the bottom rock. This coral has been hitching around in my tank for several years and was hidden till I pulled the rock out. Didn't even know I had it. It will open, but if you want it to live it needs to be spot fed meaty foods (mysis or smaller food). This coral isn't photosynthetic so it can grow in the dark but has to have a food supply.

Now you have it. Will it live or die? Let me know if it opens up.

Aqua scape looks good. How do you get the rock to stand? Hope things progress well and it was nice meeting you.

-Dale

ive grown up with freshwater all my life and used slate. different pieces and sizes and you could always chisel it very easily. My wife may come back in and rearrange it but well see. But i made the sure bottom rock was through the sand actually flat on lvled on the glass and kinda did it like a puzzle. just layed the rock certain ways until it felt sturdy and couldnt fall. I still dont see the suncoral maybe im blind and dont know what im looking for.

I've had mixed success with pep' shrimp. Some will go crazy and eat every aiptasia there is and then others won't come near them. I would recommend buying some kalkwasser, mix some together in a cup of fresh water, then nuke it in the microwave until it starts boiling. Then take a TB syringe and inject the mixture directly into the little booger. It works every time. Plus if you wait a few weeks it could spread and create a real problem. Oh yeah.....great looking aquascape.

well i i tried to to go in and yank out the aiptasia. so far im 0-1 im gonna keep trying until i go out and buy something to kill it with lol. everytime i look at my tank theres something new in it. and i also learned, dont try to kill the white little starfish when kids are around. they get really sad!

i also got these from dale. i tried to place them up top and they keep moving around over night. guess from the flow. so im gonna leave them. but there looking great and already spreaded out and double in size.

post-1502-075397700 1278959251_thumb.jpg

post-1502-088343700 1278959289_thumb.jpg

post-1502-085191800 1278959310_thumb.jpg

post-1502-067802700 1278959346_thumb.jpg