Monthly Tank Video (June)

Lamont

Here is the Monthly tank video for June. I down stacked some of my rock but i dont like it. So I will be re-aquascaping the left side of the tank. I will make a mountain from a molehill.Lol I concentrated on the front of the tank this time. But there are more corals and an Anemone on the sides and in the back. I don't like to stack my live rock against the back wall because it gives me more display areas for corals and flow. If you are wondering what that big black box is in the middle of the tank. Its my wave maker box. Its called a Wave 2K. It works superbly. I do not use any power heads. Thanks for looking!

Do u prefer that wavebox or powerheads. Im thinking about getting one my self.

I like the wave box better. The box I have has output vents on the right, left and the front. The vents are on the top and bottom of all sides. It not only pushes the water but pulls it also. So the corals get the rocking chair effect. It will also depend on your tank size and how your rock is stacked. They also make corner units which are a little smaller.You can buy this one from marine depot. Heres a link if you would like more info. They have graet customer service. http://www.wave2k.com/

Marine Depot has them on sale right now... if only I could sell my tank then my upgrades would be complete also Lamont what size tank is that?? 75gal?

I saw they were on sale when I pulled them up a few minutes ago. Those are some pretty good deals also. Yes, My tank is a 75g.

Marine Depot has them on sale right now... if only I could sell my tank then my upgrades would be complete also Lamont what size tank is that?? 75gal?

I saw they were on sale when I pulled them up a few minutes ago. Those are some pretty good deals also. Yes, My tank is a 75g.

which one do you think would work best for my 90? you know when I make the switch I am gonna enlist your help right??? lol j/k (unless you want to) haha

which one do you think would work best for my 90? you know when I make the switch I am gonna enlist your help right??? lol j/k (unless you want to) haha

If you have a valley in the middle of your rock work then go with the one I have, but if you have a big rock wall you may want to the corner wave boxes. I told you before I love doing this stuff so I would not mind helping you out. The person I bought my wave box from complained about noise. When I looked at it he had it hook up wrong. I installed it on my tank and it runs quietly and efficiently.

I like the rock work. I would make a few caves and use the rock I stole to make a bridge connecting the two. Just my 2cents. I think the tank looks awesome.

Thank for the compliments! I was thinking about connecting it. If I do I will still want enough room to have swimming space above and below the connection. There are lots of caves on the right side of the tank. You would have to see it in person. I tried it with my 40g breeder but the tank wasn't tall enough. So you may have given me a 4th of July weekend project. With the rock connecting both mountains will also give me more coral display space. Thanks for the 2 cents.

If you have a valley in the middle of your rock work then go with the one I have, but if you have a big rock wall you may want to the corner wave boxes. I told you before I love doing this stuff so I would not mind helping you out. The person I bought my wave box from complained about noise. When I looked at it he had it hook up wrong. I installed it on my tank and it runs quietly and efficiently.

awesome when I get to the point of moving it all over I will let you know!!! the wavebox may come later if my other tank doesnt sell first... that is of course unless I wil the lottery hahaha!!

Lets see some close ups of the corals! I can see from the video there are lots of corals but it was hard for me to tell what you have in there. The video looks nice, what kind of camera are you using?

Lets see some close ups of the corals! I can see from the video there are lots of corals but it was hard for me to tell what you have in there. The video looks nice, what kind of camera are you using?

Thanks for the compliments! The camera I am using is a Casio EX-S7. It films in 720p HD. Here is a list of corals that I have in the tank.

Green Bubble tip Anemone

Blue Maxima Clam

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

Strawberry Chalice

Blue Lobo Colony

Blue/Green Favia

Krytonite Candy Cane

8 Heads of Green Duncans

11 Heads of Rainbow Acans

6 Heads of red/blue Acans

Colony of Bullseye Mushrooms

Green Ricordea

Orange Ricordea

Striped Mushrooms

Watermelon Zoas

Green bay Packer Zoas

Maroon Palys

Green and Cream Zoas

Green Palys

Light blue palys

Orange and Cream Zoas

Pink and Maroon Zoas

Red Ked Zoas

Sunflower Zoas

Yellow colony polyps

Armor of God zoas

Pink Kenya tree

Palau Nepthea

Brown birds nest

Blue tipped Acro

Cali Tort

German Blue Digi

Green Digi

Hydnophora Coral

JG Yellow

Green and Red Monti Cap

Montipora Hispada

Pavona Coral

Colony of Pink Jade

Green Pocillopora

Pokerstar Monti

Superman Monti

Sunset Monti

Purple Digi

Red Digi

Tri colored Acro

Some unknown corals that I dont know were they came from.