TLC products

Hydro

Shane from fishy business told me that he uses TLC Marine SAT and TLC Aquarium Optimizer in his tanks and has for years. I'm learning that he is s pretty sharp guy and has been doing this much longer than most of us, so I decided to try it. I turned off my UV light and I put it in my new tank and my existing tank about a week ago, I have no idea what visible results I'm to expect from the new tank since but I noticed that the red slime in my refugium that is tied to my existing tank has declined by probably 75 percent. It says to wait a couple of weeks for full results. If you have red slime its worth trying.

One other thing that I noticed...usually when I turn off my UV light I have to start cleaning my glass everyday but I'm waiting about 3 days after adding this product.

YES..i use the TLC also, i pour a big bottle in every other month all at once, it will help will all algaes. It basicaly is a micro-bacteria that eats what the algae is groing from therfore killing off the algae. It has worked for me every time.

I'm interested in using it touch up around the edges if you all say it works that well.

Questions.

Do you still run your skimmer? Are you afraid of pulling it all out with the skimmer? If left on, does your skimmer seem to pull out more? If left off, are you worried about the nutrient exchangers becoming the waste that feeds the algae itself, IE: when after a "3 days of darkness" your tank is suddenly full of decaying matter and when you turn your lights on, things get worse than they were. Why turn off the UV?

I was wondering the same on how long should someone wait to turn the skimmer on. I went to the website and read their PDF files (the lable) and it doesn't mention nothing about when to use the skimmer and how long should it be before doing a water change.

i never turn the skimmers off period... Just turn all the pumps off in the Display Tank so the tank is still, pour it in evenly across the tank. let it settle for awhile(10min) or so. It will look like little particals floating around. If you wanna let it settle completely fine, after that i jsut turn all the pwrheads an return pumps back on. Thats it, Im telling you it works!!!!! I 1st used it in my old 72 bowfrnt, it had a BAD bubble algae problem and within 2-3 months the bubble algae was releasing from the rock and all i did was use a net W/O breaking any bubbles in the tank. You CANT overdose the stuff, its a micro-bacteria(oranism). It eats all the BAD stuff that the algae is growing from. Im not trying to sound like a salesman but thats how easy it is. And theres no reason for a water change!!!!

I've used it for almost a year. I used about a quart when we transfered our rock to the new 58. We also used 15 gallons from the old tank and mixed new salt water to complete the job. I waited 2 days and transfered the livestock to the new tank. We were dreading a cycle but it never happened.

I have "used" it, meaning it was added during a water change, during 3 days of darkness. Again I saw no adverse effects.

Robin uses it once a week in the seahorse tank with no ill effect.

I use it during water changes. Helps to clear up the water. Other than that I don't dose on a regular basis. I'm not sure it eats all the bad stuff but it does clear up the tanks. I also run my skimmer. I can't say if it is skimming more or less. Looks the same to me. I might try it with the skimmer off for 15 minutes to see if it is beneficial to.

Which one is better for ongoing maintenance,TLC for Saltwater Aquariums or Marine SAT (Hair Algae Treatment)?

Good question, I'm 95% sure its the TLC optimizer is the one. Ask Shane at FishyBusiness, he will know for sure.

I mistakenly added Marco rock (dry rock) to a new tank build... had a mini cycle with a lot of diatoms... started using TLC for Saltwater Aquarium and have seen a significant reduction... Just started using it but will continue to use it for maintenance... BTW, Shane said SAT is really geared for hair algae and said I need the TLC for Saltwater Aquarium for diatoms and maintenance.

maybe I need another 40 hermits or so...

I think my original problem stemmed from contaminated RO/DI water. I've solved that issue and my water is coming in clean, but I am unable to win the war that was started long ago.

I think flow is my current issue. I seem to have some dead spots. Another Vortech is on the way...overkill for a 75g, but I'll be upgrading in the coming months. With two Vortechs, though, flow should no longer be an issue. :)

This is hilarious. I went to fishy business fathers day and shane talked my into some TLC. I have used about 2 ounces or so on my biocube. I have not had to clean my glass since. Well, only at water change for clarity. Funny things is, I brought this stuff up to some people on another forum and they poopooed me. Saying I should just take better care off my tank. Everyones a critic.

This is hilarious. I went to fishy business fathers day and shane talked my into some TLC. I have used about 2 ounces or so on my biocube. I have not had to clean my glass since. Well, only at water change for clarity. Funny things is, I brought this stuff up to some people on another forum and they poopooed me. Saying I should just take better care off my tank. Everyones a critic.

Shane made me a believer back in Jan.

People are crazy. I brought this stuff up again on another forum and they all but crucified me. "Miracle in a bottle". "Everyone knows those things dont work ". But once you try it I think you will like it.