My NEW fixture!!!

offroadodge

ok, so i was bored with not having anything to do to my tank so i thought why not make a light fixture to house all the lights I have so i can move them up and down all together. The lights are (2) 36" VHOs, (8) T5s, and (2) 400w MH. Here is what i come up with and how the build is going. I fired up the T5s last night and 2 ballasts are bad so I have 4 new ones coming, might as well replace all of them now since they are 4+ years old. Once they arrive with the new T5 bulbs then i can cut the wholes for the 400w MH (they are also home made Lumenarc style reflectors). I will use the existing chain that is already holding the 400wrs to hang everything. Pics were taken with my camera phone so sorry for the bad quality.

post-395-090683500 1275766011_thumb.jpg

post-395-060169200 1275766013_thumb.jpg

post-395-023851200 1275766015_thumb.jpg

post-395-076684200 1275766016_thumb.jpg

anything for CORALS.....LOL...JK... if its metal or wood i can usually build it. I"d rather make it and get the gratification than buy it. LMK...you shld put this reflective material i use in your canopy instead of silver paint.

If'n you need anymore of reflective material I have around 80 sheets 2'x4' that would've worked perfect for what you built. To late now, but if you need some more. Same to you o0zark. If you want a sheet of it as a backer for all of your T5 reflectors free for the taking.

OK....well after waiting for the new ballast and T5 bulbs everything came in and im happy 2 say that the fixture fits above my tank...LOL never checked to make sure...Didnt get done till midnight last night...everything is wired and set for ignition today at 12 noon...I did a test plug in on the T5s and WOW r they bright...I must have had a ballast going bad for a year or so cause i havnt seen it this bright since i bought the old fixture in 2003. I hope this thing ROCKS!!!! Here are finished pics---

post-395-089834200 1276343920_thumb.jpg

post-395-011799500 1276343923_thumb.jpg

OK... well all the light are on and everything works just as i programmed it. The black spot are moonlight LEDS for after the lights go out. I tried them out last night when i got it above the tank, they look great. Very happy!!! And to think its ALL homemade!!!!

• 1 month later...