nem split...now what?

lewk

How do I get one of these out of the tank when they're attached to rock? Went and looked this morning, and it was starting to split. Then right when I was leaving for work, it was two totally separate nems.

patience. I rub the foot of mine with my finger until it starts to let go, then I just keep working more and more fingers under it till it detaches.

Just don't tank or pull on it. If you tear the foot, its over.

You can also point a powerhead at it to see if it gets angry and tries to move. A nem on the move is sometimes easier to detatch.

In addition to the two methods mentioned above (point a powerhead at the food and Mark's 'foot rubbing') I've also had luck with shading the nem to reduce the light. Generally they will go on the move to get to a better lit spot. As said, a nem on the move is easier to detach.

I have this mental picture of Mark using these various techniques to chase some poor unassuming nem across the tank while saying "more energy, show some more foot, don't make me get the boa"

:lol: