Crab's 'Cube'

Crab Rangoon

4772451303_fa72084c76_b.jpg

4772451193_51f6ec52d5_b.jpg

Like I said, only two of the lights are turned on here. I'll tinker more tonight and see if there's anyway for me to use all 6 lamps and have a pic turn out, but so far I've tried and none of them are satisfactory.

• 3 months later...

I got lazy about posting updates, and about keeping up with the forum, so it's been a lonnnnnnng time since I posted anything here, and my total stock (and aquascape) has changed quite a bit. All in all, here is the total up-to-date livestock:

- Flagfin Angelfish

- Blueface Angelfish (juvenile)

- Blueline Angelfish (juvenile)

- Majestic Angelfish

- Rock Beauty Angelfish (juvenile)

- Pyramid Butterfly x2

- Burgess' Butterfly

- Mitratus Butterfly (juvenile)

- Chalk Basslet

- Swales Swissguard Basslet x2

- Threadfin Cardinalfish x8

- Neon Cleaner Goby (ORA)

- Fire Shrimp x2

- Peppermint Shrimp

- Orange Tuxedo Urchin x2

- Blue Tuxedo Urchin

- Hairy Halloween Urchin

- Redfooted Conch x4

- Spider Conch

- Fighting Conch

- Mexican Turbo Snail x2

- Scarlet Hermit-crab x5

Coral wise, I have mushrooms, zoos, a couple Euphillias, some Acros, a Seriatopora, a green toadstool leather & a yellow toadstool leather.

Here are some pictures of what I brought home yesterday :wave: I'm especially lucky to have found the Mitratus this small, rather than their typical 3-3.5" size. Hell, I didn't even think I'd end up actually having a Mitratus for quite a long time - super psyched for this one.

5104259343_c6fd584e27_b.jpg

5104259399_24a565d9fe_b.jpg

5104259375_6c2d1a4ff0_b.jpg

Great looking fish. Were did you get them from? I ordered my 150g tank as well, didn't go with Marineland but a local Dallas builder. Can't wait to start on it. Got a local to weld the steel frame and a cabinet builder to build the surround for the steel frame.

They're from the shipment that came into River City Aquatics yesterday. I was originally going to get 3-4 new Angels, 1 BF, and some more Chalk Bass, but then the Mitratus popped up.. & there went a majority of the month's budget :wave:

Is your 150 also a square base, or an elongate one? I'm so happy I went with the custom metal stand, it was well worth the wait & has paid off in being the ultimate convenience. What are you using on the bottom, inside your stand? I've got everything sitting on our ceramic tile, which is fine, but I am always considering re-doing it with DriDek under everything, since my stand is bottomless.

Awesome, I'll have to see what Jake can get me when I get this new one setup.

Square base I think. Confused by your question. Will probably try to make a custom tray to hold the sump and any spills (I'm a bit messy sometimes).

Planning on having the 2 small bookshelves next to the tank and in the dead space behind the bookshelves, having the ATO and electrical components.

Are you getting the tank by AGE, or DSA? I was originally considering a slightly smaller tank (around 36x30x30) by AGE, but the savings to be had by choosing Marineland was too great for me to pass up in the end.

And yes, my question was referring to any sort of liner or tray you may place inside your tank to protect your floor. I've had no issues with all of my equipment sitting on the floor, even with a few salty spills. Then again, I'm just lucky we don't have carpet or wood floors :sick:

When do you plan on setting yours up, anyway?

Are you getting the tank by AGE, or DSA? I was originally considering a slightly smaller tank (around 36x30x30) by AGE, but the savings to be had by choosing Marineland was too great for me to pass up in the end.

And yes, my question was referring to any sort of liner or tray you may place inside your tank to protect your floor. I've had no issues with all of my equipment sitting on the floor, even with a few salty spills. Then again, I'm just lucky we don't have carpet or wood floors :)

When do you plan on setting yours up, anyway?

Actually, a local by the name of David. He built my last tank and I really liked it. He's much more reasonable than AGE/DSA. I thought about buying a used AGE tank, but couldn't justify spending that much on a tank.

Hoping to set it up this Nov/Dec. The stand for the tank will be ready by next week, then I need to drive it up to Dallas to drop it off at the cabinet builder. The tank should be ready by Thanksgiving and hopefully so should the stand. Our first baby is due in mid-Nov, so I'll be off work in Nov/Dec with him, figured I could sneak away for a few hrs per week and set this up. I've got some dry rock that I'm going to start cooking and getting it ready for the new tank. My current tank is doing good on autopilot. I still need to figure out what to do about lights. I've got a 6x24w Sunpower and 8x24w T5 retro ballasts. Might mix some LEDS into the mix as well.

I'll have a floor built on the bottom of the stand and I'll put the tray under that. Should help contain any spills. In my current stand, the cabinet builder sealed the inside with silicone and it has been a lifesaver a few times over.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

look gooooood!!

no more update?

how much psid butterfly?

Whoops, I really let this go, huh? I really intended to keep better tabs on the tank with this thread :doh: If you're familiar with those Mitratus Butterflies, you know they go for a solid $400-ish and up every time.. I got this one on a radical deal of less than half that - but it doesn't really matter since he fell victim to a plumbing problem :( I absolutely plan to replace him down the road, though.

My stock list has dramatically changed, through a few losses & sales, and right now I've got:

- Bellus Angel male & female pair

- Copperband Butterfly small

- Sunburst Anthias (not in the DT yet)

- Bluesided Fairy Wrasse

- Leptacanthus Cardinals x9 (constantly breeding!)

- Fire Shrimp

- Anemone Shrimp pair - huge!

- Peppermint Shrimp

- bunch of conchs

- 3 RBTA's

- 2 rock anemones

- more LPS :)

I'm about to radically change my lighting, though, and hope to add another Vortech to the tank this Spring. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can upgrade from my Reef Octopus cone skimmer to an ATB skimmer this Summer, and from my big Turbo Twist UV to a bigger Aqua-UV or similar soon after that.

If anyone is thinking of picking up some PAR38 LED's - let me know! I need to get rid of some quite soon.

Edited by Crab Rangoon