ahhhh what are the odds?

AndrewT

So i now have a 14g bio cube at home i had a fire fish and jawfish in there well... the both went missing about a week ago/. today i happened to look in the chamber where the return pump goes... turns out theyre both in there. How the heck do i can get them out without tearing the whole thing apart

Same thing happened to me and my clown fish... I finally went to Home Depot and got a piece of plexiglass. I used a drimmel tool to cut it to fit as a well between then main tank and the false chambers. I later found that media baskets makes one so I bought it as part of a kit. I still have my original if you want it... It is for a biocube 29g but you can cut it down... Let me know if you want it.

i tried the small net but they swim underneath the chamber where the filter sponge is. I may leav them in there for a sec theyre probably pretty freaked after i messed with them today... can the be siphoned out? anyone have any thoughts on that method?

Same thing happened to me and my clown fish... I finally went to Home Depot and got a piece of plexiglass. I used a drimmel tool to cut it to fit as a well between then main tank and the false chambers. I later found that media baskets makes one so I bought it as part of a kit. I still have my original if you want it... It is for a biocube 29g but you can cut it down... Let me know if you want it.

id love to have it but im not as handy as id like to think i am how tough would it be to mod it for the 14g? lmk thanks a bunch

haha when i had my 14g biocube, i had an eel go in the rear compartment and wedge himself between the glass and the black plastic, where the water level viewer is. i just left him back there until i thought he was hungry enough and put a silverside at the top of the water and lured him to the top and flung a net under him and swept him back into my tank. i then had to put a piece of plexi glass back there to fit exactly and had to drill a few "breathing" holes in it because i guess some water actually drains over the top of the back compartment and with snug piece of plastic there it flows into the tank faster than it goes back in=flooding=electrocution when unplugging it..

maybe the starving method could work for you? that sucks!! the 14's have such tiny compartments to maneuver in.. :/ good luck! i guess you could also block that compartment off and drain all the water out and get them that way. but definitely out some mesh back there when you get them out!!

I had a jawfish that would do that in my 24g aquapod I had. I was able to use a net, though it did normally involve removing all the pumps.

Not sure if it would work for the biocubes, but I had heard of people using weatherstripping to prevent fish from jumping over the false wall. Basically you put it on the hood approximately where the hood meets the false wall.

This kept happening in our Biocube 8 with a highfin goby. I finally had to get one of the fishsavers from Intank for that and my AP24. It seems to have done the trick. It looks like they have one for the Biocube 14 also.. The good thing about these is that they pop right in without having to modify the tank..

Biocube 14 fish saver

This kept happening in our Biocube 8 with a highfin goby. I finally had to get one of the fishsavers from Intank for that and my AP24. It seems to have done the trick. It looks like they have one for the Biocube 14 also.. The good thing about these is that they pop right in without having to modify the tank..

Biocube 14 fish saver

Hey, that is slick. Wish he had those when I had my AP24.