Petco.com Livestock

pbnj

I realize many of us would never purchase any livestock from their retail stores, but has anyone ever ordered anything from Petco.com?

Prices seem very reasonable.

Best part is Petco never touches the fish, i.e., everything is shipped directly from wholesalers. Also, their 15-day guarantee includes a full refund and not just credit.

I do admit that I have "liberated" afew fish from petco now and again in the recent years. ( A rough looking Naso being the latest whos now doing very well) While I havent had any huge issues Im sure its different from store to store.

Its really a roll of the dice imo

I bought a mated pair of false percula clowns from them, tank raised that are doing great. I have also bought several other fish from them and have had better luck buying from them than anywhere else. I bought a naso tang last weekend from gallery of pets, perfect shape, eating well, dead on tuesday morning. Just the luck of the draw sometimes. If you see something at Petco that you like I would say go for it. The petco near parmer and I 35 has the best saltwater selection I think, that is where I got my clowns....did I mention they were $20 less there than anywhere else that I found? Also they do not treat their tanks with any chemicals, store policy.

I have bought fish from Petco and I have had better luck with them then just about all of my other fish that have come from stores. but I think it depends on how well they take care of them at the stores... everyone is different

yeah some of them are.. and yes I know he was talking about online... I was giving him my experience in the store so he could base that on the fish he was wanting to order. The people down here in Kyle arent too bad some are better then others for information.. I think I have informed them of alot of stuff though haha... teaching them from the outside I suppose haha!

Buying from them just encourages them to keep carrying them. They have to be the largest cause of death of marine animals in the hobby. There is a petition going around to get them to stop carrying SW animals.

My first CUC was 5 snails from the Bastrop store. Was only after I got home and went to put them into the tank that I found 3 of them dead. Their no return policy for livestock turned me off buying any critters (on-line or from the stores).

wayneb