Bivalves and Feeder Shrimp

s_griffin

I am back from a visit to Corpus, and brought back some feeder shrimp and bivalves.

The first picture is of the bivalves, after putting them in your aquarium or sump they will stir the subtrate and filter the water of nitrates as clams do.

The second picture I borrowed from the internet, they are feeder shrimp.

I would like to trade these for frags if you have something to trade if not they are free for the taking, but you have to come get them, I live outside of Bastrop, so bring a container.

Call 512-963-1435

Thanks Sherri

post-1392-12722259349054_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12722259473551_thumb.jpg

Just a word of warning before putting those coquina clams in a tank, they are heavy filter feeders. You'll need to feed them like any other filter feeder because they wont find enough just sifting the sand in a tank. They are more likely to die and foul up a tank than do any good. I found a ton if those on the FL side of the gulf but left them at the beach after researching and realizing that they aren't appropriate for most captive tanks.

Just a word of warning before putting those coquina clams in a tank, they are heavy filter feeders. You'll need to feed them like any other filter feeder because they wont find enough just sifting the sand in a tank. They are more likely to die and foul up a tank than do any good. I found a ton if those on the FL side of the gulf but left them at the beach after researching and realizing that they aren't appropriate for most captive tanks.

So um, Whats the difference from having a maxima? About 60-400$? laugh.gif

I'm getting them for feeders not cleaners