Foam

medi

So this maybe a silly question, but what is the best type of foam to use between the tank and stand? I was going to use the pink foam board the sellat home depot, but i'm not sure it is dense enough. Thanks

so this may be a silly question also, but why do you need to put foam between the stand and tank?

It is just in case you have any flaws in the stand that could create a pressure point on the bottom of the tank. I don't see any on mine, but I thought better safe than sorry.

depends on how the tank is built as to whether u need foam. Blue or Pink is fine. They are the same. either will be fine

well mine is a 36x37 rimless so the tank will sit directly on the stand instead of trim. I am doing it more as a precaution than anything else. Thanks for the info.

well mine is a 36x37 rimless so the tank will sit directly on the stand instead of trim. I am doing it more as a precaution than anything else. Thanks for the info.

I'm with you - setting up my 36x36 and I absolutely refuse to apply shims to help any unevenness.

If you were closer to me, rather than clear across (and out of town) the city from me, I'd offer you the remainder of my Pink Panther foamboard - but I'm sure you've solved the problem by now anyway.

I originally planned to use a piece of plywood, but as my tank has lower trim, and my stand is just a structural frame, I'm just applying the foam, and cutting out/removing the center section that supports no weight.