Clown fish pairingi

KeeperOfTheZoo

I've had an ocellaris clown for a few months now, she started hosting in my cluster of hairy mushrooms right after I added them.

I just added a second ocellaris that is about half the size of my original clown.

The two seem to have instantly bonded. They are constantly together and even slept cuddled together in the same mushroom last night (how cute is that??).

The new little clown appears to be hosting in the mushrooms as well already.

Have my clowns formed a pair that quickly? There was a total lack of aggressive behavior when I added the new clown last night which kinda surprised me.

The little clown has turned out to be just perfect. Thanks again for the trade Christian.

Corey I missed you at the meeting yesterday. Mama has your anthelia frag.

I had heard that when adding clowns it helps a lot make the second one smaller. Im thrilled they are so chummy already.

The little clown has turned out to be just perfect. Thanks again for the trade Christian.

Corey I missed you at the meeting yesterday. Mama has your anthelia frag.

I had heard that when adding clowns it helps a lot make the second one smaller. Im thrilled they are so chummy already.

Yes Corey...come on over and get your anthelia anytime!! Just call first to make sure I am not napping;)

Yes Corey...come on over and get your anthelia anytime!! Just call first to make sure I am not napping;)

anthelia?!? :(

oh, i mean, yes!! i will be over tomorrow!! :P

im in Dallas visiting my mom for the weekend.

i really wish i picked next weekend to come visit because i REALLY REALLY wanted to come to this meeting :(

Sorry, friends

Awesome that they paired up so quickly. Now, if you can keep from rearranging your tank and keep things very stable for them, you should notice them spawning within a few months. Both of my sets of clowns are now laying eggs regularly, it's so cool to watch them "tending" the eggs.... until they hatch and everyone else in the tank gets a snack.

Mike are you going to try to raise any of the clown babies? Seems like the hardest part of the whole process is culturing the rotifers they need as a first food.

I think my females biological clock must be ticking. She hosts in hairy mushrooms and hooked up with the first dude that swam by. Obviously not a picky girl!! :)