something wrong with clown

hey guys my tank raised ocellaris clown that i bought from the aqua dome like 2 days ago has developed this kinda disease or something on it. this happened yesterday it kinda looks like ich. i thought it was ich at first but when i woke up today and iturned on the lights he looked fine without anything in him. he looked like a normal clown, but when i got home from work tonight he has it again. whats going on you guys? i dont know what to do i bought some quickcure today but i havent used it and stuff because i dont have a quarintine tank or anything so im kinda scared to dose my whole biocube. any suggestions or ideas or help? please let me know.

also theres only him and my cuc and an emerald crab in the tank with a thing of zoas that has like 10 heads but thats it.

disregard my signature that my tank has only been up for like 3 days its been way longer than that thats just when i started that thing.

let me know please

Don't dose anything in the main tank unless you're absolutely certain it's reef safe. A lot of ich treatments are copper based, which will kill all of your inverts outright and will kill a lot of the live things on live rock. I've heard of ones that aren't, but they're generally not as effective as full tank treatments.

If it turns out it is ich you can set up a quarantine tank pretty easily:

5 gallon tank or so

A cheap submersible pump rated for <200gph, maybe with a venturi adapter for bubbles if you're so inclined, a koralia nano would also work

25-50W heater

Desk lamp or similar for viewing

HOB filter with carbon

All told it's less than $100 if you get decent deals, it will let you quarantine new specimens to watch for any pests, it will let you keep injured critters out of the main tank for recovery, and it will let you do full tank treatments in a secluded system. You don't need great lighting because you won't be leaving things there long and most of them won't be heavily photosynthetic, you won't need live rock because you're aiming to minimize the number of biological variables, and the tank will never be fully occupied for a long period.

Edited by DaJMasta

Im pretty sure its ich I dont know anything else that drops off at night and comes back during the day, it can be pretty common to get ich right after buying a fish because of the stress of being caught mostly and transported, if it only has a few spots I would just turn youre heater up a little hotter because that will shorten the ichs life cycle, if it gets about a third covered thats when u need to try meds because his life will start to be in danger

I read that if you drop your tank to about 60 degrees then it will kill it ... thats what we did and the spots disapeared on our fish so it seems to have worked. we just let the tank temp come back up on its own..... also a quarinteen tank is a good thing.... mine was a lifesaver