Red Coraline Algae?

rainbody

I had to get abit extreme on a piece of live rock to remove the dozens of glass anemones that had popped up. I wasnt will to play that whole needle deal so I took it up a notch. I filled a bucket with water from the sump and then added some salt so it was in the 1.040 range and abit of buffer so knock the PH up abit to somewhere about 9. I then put the piece of live rock into the bucket for about 3 hours. Afterwards I pulled it out and rinsed it with plenty of RO water and returned it to stock tank for about a day(no lights). Afterwards I put it back in place inside the tank where I noticed the bright red spots. Most of everything was shock killed off to include the puple and green coraline algae so what is this red stuff. The purple and some green are already coming back and the red is becoming more red. Im talking NEON red like at a rave or something.I hope I didnt get into something harmful. Any idea what I could growing?

post-825-12692270083724_thumb.jpg

Was there any reef epoxy on the rocks? I had some pink reef epoxy on one of my rocks and when I took the epoxy off of the rock, the coraline that was covered by the epoxy was a really bright, almost fluorescent orange color. It was really crazy. The color faded after a few weeks.

I had to get abit extreme on a piece of live rock to remove the dozens of glass anemones that had popped up. I wasnt will to play that whole needle deal so I took it up a notch. I filled a bucket with water from the sump and then added some salt so it was in the 1.040 range and abit of buffer so knock the PH up abit to somewhere about 9. I then put the piece of live rock into the bucket for about 3 hours. Afterwards I pulled it out and rinsed it with plenty of RO water and returned it to stock tank for about a day(no lights). Afterwards I put it back in place inside the tank where I noticed the bright red spots. Most of everything was shock killed off to include the puple and green coraline algae so what is this red stuff. The purple and some green are already coming back and the red is becoming more red. Im talking NEON red like at a rave or something.I hope I didnt get into something harmful. Any idea what I could growing?

Not sure what it is but I have numerous spots like this on my live rock. I like seeing them under the actinics.